PTFC

"hey girl!" alex yells as she pounces on allie once the two reached their apartment. "hey al! harry!!" allie jumped up and held the younger girl. tobin smiled in allies embrace. "soooo how was qualifying?" allie asked. "well we are officially qualified so yeah" alex smiled and hugged tobin. "well guys you are probably exhausted and you need to unpack so i'm gonna go say hi to sinc for a bit" allie said getting up. after alex and tobin unpacked alex walked into tobins room and sat on her bed as tobin was finishing up. "do you think it hurts her?" alex asked. "what?" tobin said without looking up. "allie. do you think it hurts to see us moving on with the national team?" alex asked playing with her fingers. "yeah. it has too but i'm sure she'll get her call up at some point. allies one of the best midfielders in the leauge" tobin said getting up. "well that's right. but i know who the best middy in the league and the world is" alex said. "and who's that?" tobin asked. "hmm i don't remember the name but she's about eh this tall. she's called the queen on nut megs, really pretty no wait really hot" alex listed. "oh yeah?" tobin pried. "oh yeah. oh and she's my best friend" alex said pulling tobin down onto the bed. the girls laughed a bit before alex broke the silence. "what happens if we're ever separated tob?" "what do you mean?" tobin asked. "like one of us doesn't get a call up again or were traded?" alex asked. "that's never going to happen. where you go. i go. that's how bestfriends work lex" tobin smiled and kissed alex's hair. alex smiled and cuddled deeper into tobin. soon enough the duo fell asleep.
"hello everyone and today we're here with portland thorns players alex morgan and tobin heath!"
"hi it's great to be here" alex smiled and tobin nodded along.
"it's great to have you guys here. so tell us how has training been? you're guys first game of the season is on saturday?"
"uh yeah it's been going great. the teams really strong and there's great connections on here. so i'm excited" alex replied.
"and tobin this will be you're first game as a portland thorn. how are you feeling coming into this?"
"i'm feeling great. i know the fans are gonna turn up and like alex said this teams really strong we have incredible players" tobin replied.
"so let's talk a little about you two. you and alex are the only ones on the US national team from portland. does that mean you have a stronger connection?"
"uh i guess you could say that. i've been friends with tobin since forever well 2009 and we've played against each other in college so yeah we spend a lot of time together so it's pretty understandable that we have a really strong connection on and off the pitch. best friends for life." alex smiled at tobin.
"yeah she's right. we're ALWAYS together. (laugh). and you know i've gotten use to feeding her the ball and ya know she knows how i play i know how she plays" tobin replied.
"yeah we see it all the time on the national level so it's gonna be really great to see it here on saturday. so how's the living situation with you guys?"
"yeah we're roommates. it's fun. we have fun together" tobin smiled.
"yeah like tob said we're together so so much it's crazy how we don't fight all the time." she smiled.
"well guys i'm excited. you're excited and i know the fans are excited. we can't wait to see some "talex" action on the pitch"
"talex?" tobin nudged alex.
"yeah it's our ship name" alex smiled.
for some reason having a ship name with alex didn't bother her
"toby" alex nudged the older girl. tobin stirred. "i'm hungry" alex said simply. tobin giggled a little before getting up and following the striker out to the kitchen. "can we just go out" tobin groaned not wanting to wait. alex nodded and they sent a text to allie who was still at sincs. the two ate and alex thought. she needed to talk to tobin. they only had a few weeks before they'd have to go back to camp and she needed to know where she stood with the middy. "tobin" alex said as they were walking around. "hmm" tobin turned to face her. "i don't know how to start this but i've been feeling weird lately." alex's takes a nervous breath and sits down. "what do you mean?" "i i i i don't just see you as my bestfriend any more tobin. i see you as more. i love you like a bestfriend. you know that but. now i find myself getting jealous when you're with another girl especially press cause she has major heart eyes for you and-" "alex? what are you trying to say" tobin said to get the striker to stop rambling. "i i love you tob. you're my best friend in the whole wide world but i think i like you" alex admitted. tobin went silent. "tobin?" alex said. "i think we should head home" was all tobin said. alex felt tears rim her eyes but she walked behind tobin. when the two got home allie was already asleep so tobin went to her room to change and get ready for bed. alex sat on her bed thinking. damn it alex you ruined everything! you just lost you're bestfriend. god your an idiot. with out thinking she walked up to the door and left. tobin didn't even hear anything cause she was in the bathroom but a few minutes later she sat on her bed. it wasn't that she didn't like alex. she did she really did. but she hid it down so deep to avoid it ever coming up. alex was her bestfriend no way would she risk losing her over some crush. she realized sitting here thinking wasn't gonna help so she went to alex's room she knocked. "lex?" no response. she knocked a little louder still no response. she turned the door knob and opened it. she looked around the small room. no alex. where the hell would she have gone? tobin looked around the small apartment before waking up allie. "allie. harry!" tobin yelled. "harry what the hell?!" allie yelled upset at being woken up. "alex's gone. she's gone" "what happened?" tobin explained and allie looked at her worriedly. "tobin. i think i know where she might be"