toby dear

the days and games passed with the national team dominating each one but today was the  final and it wasn't going to be easy. mexico was big and up and coming so the girls knew they were going to have to work for it. also tobin was extra nervous. shirley was born in mexico so she is obligated to play with them for the world cup which means that tobin was gonna have to face that. alex could sense something was up with tobin. she still felt bad about snapping out at press infront of everyone. not because she didn't think press  deserved it but because it hurt her best friend. she didn't know what to do about tobin. she didn't talk to alex even when alex tried to get her to talk tobin refused so she decided to just let it work itself out. "come on tobs! let's go kick some ass!" alex said jumping on tobins back earning a nervous laugh which alex frowned at. "hey tobin. look i know about everything going on but you're going to do great. just got out there and be tobin heath"
christen smiled. tobin had confided in christen one night and christen was happy to have a slight edge on alex. "thanks chris. i really appreciate it and a little birds told me you will definetly get some playing minutes" tobin smiled and christen blushed. the game was difficult mexico was definitely one of the most underrated teams in the world cup scene. after a full quarter it was still 0-0 so jill pulled alex out and threw christen in. alex was going to be so pissed if christen scored and she didn't. but she did as she was told and watched from the side. "tobin!!!!"
tobin looked up after nutmegginh one of mexico's defenders to see christen having some open space. tobin volleyed it to her and christen had to turn a bit with the ball and then boom! high right corner shot! tobin yelled and ran right over to her. "great job!!!!" she exclaimed picking her up. "even better pass heath" christen told her giving her a small butt tap and a wink. no one thought anything of it but alex sure did. "what's up baby horse?" syd asked her from the sidelines. "someone's after MY spot" alex mumbled. "who?" "the one who's hugging on my best friend." alex said simply. syd nodded and went back to watching the game. abby finished off with one other goal to the final score of 2-0. everyone screamed and ran out onto the field. this meant they were qualified! they were going to the world cup!!  tobin jumped into laurnes arms. "i'm so proud of you tobin!" she exclaimed holding her close. once arod and cheney finally left tobin to go talk to some others. alex was on her way over when christen jumped infront and hugged the middy. "amazing goal!!  i'm so happy" tobin said and christen just smiled into tobins neck in return. christen let go and stepped aside to let alex hug the girl. "good job toby. i'm really proud of you" alex smiled and hugged the girl. tobin could sense alex's mood thru her hug and tone but she just brushed it off. she had something to celebrate. well she did. "hmmmm" someone cleared their throat from behind the two girls. they separated and were met with no other than shirley cruz. "tobin. bebé it's great to see you."
shiryleh sajd. and tobin rubbed her hand against the back of her neck. nervous habit. "hey shirley. great game out there. you really worked us" tobin smiled. "i missed you babe. you never call" shirley says. "babe?"
alex interrupted. "oh yeah you didn't know. tobins MY girlfriend"

"what?!" "no look shirley we had a fling we never labeled it anything. plus we talked before i left." tobin tried. shirley continued to try to reach for her. "stop"alex sent glares
shirley ways. shirley laughed coldly. "come
on tob let's go get so dinner or something" shirley tried but tobin was fed up and exhausted. "look i didn't just leave psg shirley i left you too!" she said before giving the girl a quick hug and walking off to the locker room. shirley stood in the middle of the pitch stunned. alex quickly followed after but was stopped by shirley. "watch your back morgan" was all she let out before heading back to her own locker room. alex was left unfazed. she was angry that someone's hands were once on tobins body and that those hands weren't alex's. tobin was particularly quiet on the bus trip back even though they legit just secured their spot in the world cup. alex just shrugged it off she was still pissed but she'd talk to her later. once they arrived back at the hotel the group grabbed dinner which was in to go boxes and all went into abbys room to celebrate meanwhile tobin went to hers to take some time. she heard a nock and groaned. she really just needed to be alone for a moment but was greeted with christen. "hey tobin" christen smiled. tobins mood didn't really change but she knew she shouldn't be rude to christen. "hey pressy" tobin smiled at the girl. christen was busy gathering things and tobin sat there thinking. "hey you ok?" christen asked as she sat next to tobin. "yeah yeah just got a lot on my mind ya know?" "yeah i get that. but hey. we're qualified!" christen tried. "you're right. i shouldn't be here wallowing. we are going to the world cup!" tobin hopped up and pulled christens hand so she went up too. "hey look. i know you're not one hundred percent good soo how about maybe you come to utah sometime. before we meet again. it'll be fun i promise you can stay w me and kelley-" tobin interrupted her by hugging her. "absolutely that sounds like a blast. let's go" tobin said as she pulled christen to abbys. "ohhh hello love birds" abby mocked them. "hmm a little late now are we" carli added throwing a wink at the two. no one really thought they were doing anything with each other but it was fun to tease. "hey did i ever tell you guys that you're not funny whatsoever" tobin smirked before tossing out a laugh and plopping down next to arod. "my little baby just qualified for the world cup!" arod squealed and rubbed tobins head. "ahh stop it!" tobin laughed and cheney joined in by putting the youngest girl into a tight hug pulling her down. the three friends laughed and finnaly were situated with tobins head in cheney's lap and chen running her fingers through tobins still damp hair. alex scoffed a little at how tobin didn't even acknowledge her presence really. "relax okay. i know you're not happy with her but we just qualified okay!" kelley told her and alex immediately felt bad. she shook her head slightly and joined in on the team's conversations. alex knew she couldn't continue like this. her and tobin were both adults so that meant big talk time. but that could wait till they got home.