Chapter 22

•Cassie's P.O.V•

I woke up in my bed, Jack must have carried me in here. Today we were leaving for Nebraska. Oh gosh. His parents had no idea about Mason or about how me and Jack got back together. I cringed in fear and got up only to be pulled down by Jacks big arms. "Jack stop" I said. He could tell something was wrong. "Cas they'll love you, I promise" he reassured me. I hesitantly nodded and got up to get dressed. I pulled on black leggings and a Fault in our stars sweatshirt. I pulled on my uggs and went to wake Mason up. I walked into Matts room to see them snuggled up together. I smiled and took a picture. "Mas sure does love his Matthew" I posted it and walked over to the bed and sat on the bottom cross legged. I waited a couple of seconds and started shaking Matts legs. "Stooooopp" Matt moaned. "Come on Matt... It's your favorite person ever" I said sitting on him now. "Cassie Miller get your fat ass off" he said opening his eyes and throwing me off the bed. I hit the floor with a thud. "Ow" I whined. He laughed and helped me back onto the bed. "We have to leave in like 15 minutes" I said. He nodded. He started tickling Mason until he woke up. "Macchew stop" he laughed. I did too and pretty soon we were all laughing. I took Mason in my arms and walked out of Matts room. "Get ready" I called back to him. I brought Mason into my room and changed him into sweats and a hoodie. Jack came out of the bathroom in the same thing. "Go wake the guys, I got him" Jack said. I pecked his lips and did as he said. I banged on everyone's door and told them we had 10 minutes now. They all hurried as we all made our way downstairs. "Bye Cassie" Matts mom said hugging me. "Goodbye, I'm so sad I have to leave so soon but please come visit us! Thank you for everything." I said hugging her. We said our goodbyes and loaded up in the uber. We got to the airport and I sat next to Matt and Carter. Jack was by Johnson again. I talked to Matt and Carter the whole ride to Nebraska. We landed in Omaha around 8 and got into an uber. I was shaking the whole time. "Jack I'm so scared" I said quietly. "Babe you'll be fine, they will love you and Mason." He said laying a gentle kiss on our intertwined hands. I half smiled as we pulled up to Jacks house. "What if we go to Johnson's house first"Matt suggested. I nodded and so did the others. The uber backed out and drove Johnson's. We would bae walked but we had a lot of luggage. We walked inside as Jack called out for his mom. No answer. He called for his dad. No answer. We walked into the kitchen to see a note. "Hey Jack, if you happen to come home at all which I doubt, but if you do we are in Hawaii. Have a good Christmas or New Years or whatever, I don't know when you'll be reading this. Love you" it was from his mom. "Sweet we can stay here!" Taylor said. JJ nodded. "We should go" Jack said. I nodded. We all walked over to Jacks house and rang the doorbell. His mom answered. "JACK" she said engulfing him in a hug. "Hi mom" he said. I handed Mason to Matt. "Stay out here with Shawn for like 2 seconds." I whispered. We all walked inside and to the living room. "Hey guys" Jacks mom said hugging everyone and then she got to me. "Cassie?" She asked. "Hi Mrs.Gilinsky" I said nervously. "My goodness I haven't seen you in so long" she said hugging me. A small wave of relief took over me. "What brings you with the guys" she asked siting down. "Well um Matt is my bestfriend and um" I said looking at Jack. "Cassie and I got back together" he said. His mom sat there and smiled. "How wonderful! But where is Matt or Shawn?" She asked. I tensed up but as if on que Matt walked in holding Mason. Shawn followed. "Oh there they are!" She said. "Matt who's that?" She asked referring to Mason. "Uhhhh" he started. I looked at Jack. "Mom that's Mason.... He would be our son" Jack said. "She starred blankly at Jack. "Excuse us a moment" she said standing up, Jack following her to the office, she shut the door. And then I heard yelling. "JACK GILINSKY! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!? YOU ARE SO STUPID TO THINK YOU COULD HAVE A CHILD AT YOUR AGE!" And then I broke down. Tears flowed down my face as I stood up and grabbed Mason out of Matts arms and left the house. I walked to Johnson's house and sat in the backyard with Mason. "Mommy how come you have sad coming out of your eyes?" He asked me. "Mason I'm ok.. Ok? You just play right now" I reassured him. He nodded and continued to play. I called an uber and grabbed my suitcase. I loaded it into the uber and went to get Mason. "Mas let's go see nico ok?" I asked. "Ok mommy" he said. I was about to step into the uber when Matt grabbed my shoulder. "Where are you going?" He asked. "Home" I said getting in. He ran inside and grabbed his bag. He threw it into the uber and joined me. "I wanna go home too" he said. And with that we left for home.

We got home around noon and Mason was hungry. I made a sandwich for him and set him in front of the tv and began to unpack.

•Jacks P.O.V•

"Mom I get it! It was a mistake! But Mason is a wonderful kid and I was a douche to Cassie! I left her to raise Mason for the first 2 years I hi life alone! Not to mention she's trying for the Olympics! My love for Cassie and our child is so strong I can't even describe it! I WAS stupid! And it was a dumb thing to do but I can't do anything now except be there for him and Cassie like I want to do." I yelled at my mom. She sighed. "How old" she asked. "He's 2" I said. "How long have you known?" "About a month or 2" I said. She hugged me. "I'm sorry" she said. "It's ok, let's go introduce you" I said. We walked out if the office to see the guys but no Cassie or Mason. "Um wheres Cassie or Mason?" I asked. They all looked at each other. Shawn spoke up. "They took off and Matt went to find them." I walked outside and over to JJs. I walked inside and into the kitchen. There was a note on te fridge."Went home ~Cas" I crumbled the note and threw it and grabbed my bags as well as the guys. I called an uber. I ran back to my house. "Who wants to go home? Cause that's where 3/13 are." I said. They all got up and went outside. "Mom..." I started. "Just go Jack" she smiled kissing me on the cheek. I smiled and left. Time to go home.