Chapter 9

Lily

Heron parked the car to the packs paring lot and got out of the car. I did the same. What are we doing here, especially now when I don't want to see Leggy, because if I see her I don't think I'll be able not to murder her.

"Why did we come here?" I asked Heron.

"It's safer," he answered without looking me. Okay mister grumpy can't you tell me more.

"Okay at least give me my phone so I can call taxi and leave." he still hasn't returned my phone and if I want to go home I need it, I also need it to text Fey so she doesn't kill me for making her worried.

"You're not going anywhere." he said still not looking me.

"What? Why?" I know I don't need to ask him but it just came out of my mouth.

"Because I said so." is he being serious right know. How can he go from hot to cold so fast. I'm not going to fight with him because of drama the happened this morning but I'm sure as hell going home and he isn't going to stop me.

"Well news flash, I don't care what you say. If you don't give me my phone I'm leaving by walking." okay maybe a little fighting wouldn't hurt. That seemed to get his attention because he finally turned to look at me.

"You realize those wolves didn't come for me but for you." hold the e fuck up. What? For me? Why? "Come on I'll explain inside." he said pushing the door of the pack house open.

Some wolves greeted us when we passed boy but I didn't have time to greet them because Heron was holding my hand and tugging me to god know where. He stopped to open the door in front of us. Once he opened I saw he brought us to his office at least I think it's his. Once we were inside he let go of my hand and turned to look at me.

"Sit." he said gesturing to the sofa that was there. I did what I was told without fighting. "I didn't get to tell you the reason why I broke up with you. I'm going to tell you know but you must know that you can't tell your friends about it."

"I'll decide in the end if I'll tell them or no." I said. If this was about me my friends had the right to know because they're my family.

Heron looked at me seriously. "If you want them to stay save then you wont tell them." okay that got my eyes wide with curiosity. "Three weeks before I broke up with you, threats started coming to our pack at first we didn't take it seriously but when people from our pack started missing we saw that the threats were real we got really worried. But then came another letter saying that they would kill whoever we know. My mind immediately went to you, I couldn't lose you and I knew breaking up with immediately wouldn't fool them. So for a month I pretend to be cold around you and look like I was getting tired of you."

"But still they didn't stop, did they?" I asked.

"No the threats didn't stop but after two weeks an attack happened in the pack. Nobody of us expect it, we all were asleep. On that day we lost my dad, the alpha and almost the half of the pack." he said. I could see the pain in his eyes. Once he lost his mother in rouge attack and know his father. I didn't think twice I hugged him tightly, he buried his head in my neck breathing in my scent as to clam himself.

His dad, alpha Eron, was a really strong man and a powerful alpha. Every one respected him because when rouges killed his mate, he didn't let his grief swallow him, instead he stayed strong for his son and his pack. Helen, was the luna of this pack and a brave woman. She gave her life away fighting for the pack and every single member of the pack admired her for her strength.

Heron pulled back and kissed my forehead. "After that night, no threats came. We managed to kill most of them but some escaped. After I was announced as alpha. I came to your house to get you but your mom said you've moved to the city and that you didn't want or need me in your life anymore. I decided I'll let you leave your life and let you find someone who really cares about you." he said. I know I'm not supposed to forgive him with few sweet words but right know I just want to do that. "After I turned eighteen, I thought I would find my mate and forget about. But when I didn't, I kept thinking of you. I waited six year to find my mate but I gave up and I decided I would come and get you. If you had a boyfriend or you were married I wouldn't care I would come and take you. I only would've backed off if you had found your mate."