Chapter 17

Lily

I woke up in a familiar room. Heron's  room. But what was I doing here and then I remembered Heron and me at the lake. Damn that son of a wolf, I'm killing him. I'm surprised that I have some clothes on. Maybe they are Nets's.

"Finally you're awake." Heron said coming out from the bathroom that was connected to the room.

"Why, you were hoping I wouldn't?" I glared at him.

"I was. I guess we don't always get what we're hoping for." he went to his closet do get dressed, that's when I noticed that he only had a towel on his hips. Guessing by his wet hair, he had a shower.

"So..."

"So what?"

"Don't act like nothing happened." now he really is getting on my nerves.

"What do you mean?" I stared at him in disbelief. Is he being serious right now.

"Aren't you going to explain yourself?"

"Explain myself for what?" he still acted like nothing happened.

"Why did you brought me here?" I said. Trying not to lose my temper.

"You belong here." he said without turning to look at me.

"No I don't."

"We are not going over this again like children," he said this time looked at me. "You belong here and that's finally."

"You don't get to decide where I belong. I do that and I know I don't belong here." I said. I was angry as hell that he brought me here without my permission but I'm not going to show it to him.

"And where do you think you belong?" he said, clearly angry. That question really caught me off guard. Where I belong? I don't even know that for myself. "With that beta of your pack? Or with that manwhore Alpha?"

"Don't speak of them like that." how dare he speak of them like that.

"Why isn't it true? First the alpha flirted with you know his dating Satan. And let's not talk about how many girls he had—"

"Stop!" I'm going to kill him. "If he is a manwhore than so are you. You are no better Heron. At least he wasn't stupid enough to get raped by a girl like you." that was so low even for me. I shouldn't have said that. But I have pride just like him. His eyes showed how hurt he was feeling. That made want to apologize. I was about to but his eyes shifted to angry.

"Get out!" his eyes were turning black. I haven't moved from my spot. "Get out! I don't want to see your fucking face anymore." As much that hurt I didn't show it. Instead I lifted my chin and said.

"With pleasure." I left making sure I slammed the door hard.

Nets and James were standing at the door downstairs. She put her head down trying to hide her tears, James had his arms around as a comfort. His face emotionless but I could see his jaw clenching.

"You know I believed you'd be the one who will stay be his side no matter what. The one he will rule, protect and help this pack together. I thought you were the one." James said. His face showed no emotion but I could see his with full of them.

"So did I." with that I left. I didn't realise what I said until I was outside. Did I really meant what I said? A part of me meant it and wanted to go back. But the other part was to prideful to do that.

Heron knew my friends were my weakness but he still used against me. How could he say those things about Dean? I mean, yeah Dean was no saint but still Heron shouldn't have said that. 'You also said something bad to him' well guess who decided to grace us with her presence. I couldn't allow him to talk about them like that. 'You could have handled it other way. Like a normal person. Not say something cruel like that'. You are right.