Chapter 21

Heron

He wasn't going to make it quick. He was going to make it painful. He put more pressure at the she wolf's neck, she whimpered more. Voice were calling out for him to stop. But the wolf blocked them his focus was on the prey in front of him.

"Stop this, Lily wouldn't have want this." at the mention of his mate's name, the wolf stilled. The blonde haired girl, who he couldn't remember her name talked again. Damn he couldn't remember his own name. "Yes Lily wouldn't have want this. I know you want her and killing her would make Lily angry." The wolf's ears perked up in interest at his mate name. He could remember his mates name but not his own. The blonde haired girl pulled a cloth out of her back pack.

"See this is Lily's. You want this come get it." the wolf couldn't understand what she was saying expect his mate's name.

Once the scent of his mate hit him, he wiggled his tail and released his prey. Going for the thing that smelled like his mate. He snatched the cloth from her hand with his teeth. And sniffed it, while wagging his tail happily. Finally piece by piece Heron remembered and soon enough he took control again. He shifted back once he was fully in control.

"Thank you Freya." I said to her, she just took a deep breath and nodded. Probably to shocked to speak.

I turned to look at the she wolf who now had shifted. Her throat was worse than her clawed face, which now was healing, her throat too. I'm not going to apologize. She deserved it. Maybe, maybe not. The things she said were making sense and I can understand her now. She is in pain because she lost her best friend. But that doesn't mean she can pour her anger to who ever she wants.

Even though at this moment she was directing at the right person. She is right it's all my fault. If I tried to understand her maybe we wouldn't be here. I looked at the sky trying to blame it to it. But still deep down I knew this was all my fault. I shouldn't have gone after her. I should have let her live her life. Damn me for being a selfish bastard.

••••••••••••
Lily

I woke up with a terrible headache and feeling uncomfortable. Damn. I don't remember drinking last night. Probably Liz made me do it. The light kept was on which made it more difficult for me to open my eyes. I blinked few times and finally I opened them. I looked around seeing that I'm not in my room. Where am I? Oh no. The memories from last night came crashing down. How could I have been so stupid. I need to get out of here.

'Yeah well good luck with that.' what does she mean? 'look where you are dummy.' I was sitting on a chair with my hands tied up behind my back. I could easily get them free but I'm sure the rope was shifter proof. Damn alpha Lawson for making them. He and his shifter proof things. Though they came in handy for the packs, but I have no idea how rouges got them.

"Rise and shine, sleeping beauty." said a man, who I had no idea he was there. He stepped away from the shadows and came in front of me.

He had brown hair and familiar chocolate brown eyes. He was tall and well built. Looks like someone is working out. Unlike me.

"Sleeping beauty?" I scoffed. "Come on, if you going to kidnap me at least be honest. I look like anything but a sleeping beauty."

He chuckled "Well you've got some balls acting like everything's fine. Tell me pretty Lily. Are you afraid?" hell yeah. But I wasn't going to let him know that.

"Can you please stop saying I'm pretty? I told you at least be honest." way to dodge the question Lily. Nice. His face had a knowing smirk. "By the way, were you the one who held me down last night, while the other freaks injected me?"