Chapter 19

Lily

"I can't understand you, are you really that stupid or just suicidal." I rolled my eyes for the hundredth time. Heron has been lecturing for twenty minutes but it feels like hours. "You wanted to get inside his cell. I knew you would do something like this. Good thing James got there in time to stop Elizabeth from taking the keys and bringing them to you."

"Chill, god. I'm not a kid I can take care of myself." I said rolling my eyes again. He is being so dramatic.

"Chill?!" he asked me. "You want me to chill? Are you crazy? How can I chill when you go and risk yourself like that. How can you be so reckless."  he kept yelling at me getting in my nerves.

"Why do you care?" yelled getting up. "It's not like I'm risking the packs future Luna." he didn't say anything he just looked at me with a look I couldn't explain.

"Nevermind. Anyway I'm out of here." I said and turned to leave.

"I'm not done." he said coming in front of me, to stop me.

"What do–" my words we lost when his lips connected with mine. I know I should be smart and push him away and get out of here but I do the exact opposite. I bring him closer returning back the kiss. My hands go to his shoulder to support myself and his one hand goes to my waist and the other to my hair angling my head to depend the kiss. I moan in his mouth as me legs wrap around his waist while he pushes us next to the wall.

"I've missed you like crazy." he said breaking the kiss to take air.

"Well that makes two of us." I said kissing him again. I pull his shirt off as his lips start traveling to me neck. I was about to pull off my shirt when the door burst open. Damn it. Why does this happen every time.

"Lily Axton, what the hell are you doing." Liz. I groan. Why did she have to come now.

"Liz." I say but she take my arm and starts pulling me out. My arm is probably bruised by how many time people took it.

"We are going now." she says.

"Okay. Go I need to talk to him and I'll be down in five minutes."

"No. You aren't going to talk."

"Liz." I say my voice carrying warning, she looks at me then let's go of my arm and leaves.

I turn to look at Heron but his face was unreadable. I start playing with my hair something I do when I'm nervous.

"So..." I say to him but he only looks at me. "What are we going to do now?"

"I don't know." he said and I realised that we had so much to talk. We talked nothing about us.

"What is going to happened with us?" I ask, somehow scared that he might tell me something I wouldn't like.

"We'll talk."

"When?" I ask growing frustrated.

"I'll tell you. But right now you need to go." he said turning his back on me. He wants me gone?

"Fine." I say and leave. I don't need you. I totally don't need you. You can act cold I don't care.

Ugh. Why the hell am I lying to myself? Damn it stop it Lily.

•••••••••••••

"Li!" yelled Liz from downstairs.

"What?" I yelled back.

"Someone is here for you." Who could it be. Probably Nick I haven't seen him in since that day. I quickly go to see who it is.

"Hi, Lily." says a teenager boy standing on my doorstep. I remember it's Troy.

"Hi Troy." I smile at him. "Come in."

"Oh no thank you. I just came to give you this." he says and hands me a piece of paper. What's with people lately contacting through letters and not phones.

"Who gave you this?" I ask him.

"I was around the border with some friends and this dude came to me with that piece of paper and said to give it to you. First I refused, but he said it's important. So... yeah." who could have been.

"Can you describe to me how he looked like?"

"I didn't really pay attention that much to his looks. All I know is that he had a build body and dark hair." It could've been Alin. Whatever.

With a quick thanks to Troy I close the door and head back inside. "What did he want?" asks Liz as I enter the kitchen. I explained to her what Troy said.

"Are you going to read it?" she asks.

"Troy said that the guy told him it's important." I shrug, I'll read it. It looks more like a note than a letter. Whatever.

Meet me at the south border, at midnight.

H.E                 

He could have just texted. A smile creeps to me face. I know it's not anything but I find it cute.

"Are you going to tell me what it says or are going to keep grinning like that." sometimes I really forget how noisy she is. I hand her the paper to read it for herself. She reads it and puts it down.

"Are you going to meet him?" she ask looking serious.

"I think so." I say suddenly nervous.

She sighs and says "Just don't let him push you down."

I raise an eyebrow at her "What do you mean by that?"

He sighs again "Look Li I want the best for you. That man cares for you. You should've seen him when I said to him that you were inside that dungeon. He stopped for a moment and a panicked look crossed his face. There I realised that he cares for you a lot."

"Why do I feel like there is a 'but' coming."

"But he let's his pride lead the way. If you want him to want you. Your going to have to try to make him understand that his pride is not everything. But still he is an alpha so of course he is prideful. We all are." I try to think how can I do that. But come up with nothing.

"Anyway," I say "he is my mate and I have to try to mend things. I haven't really been the understanding type either. So tonight maybe we can fix things."

"You're right but it's feels little weird to meet at midnight in a forest." she says sounding worried.

"Liz, since the day I found out Heron was my mate nothing had been normal. Don't worry I'll be fine." I say reassuring her.

"Okay, whatever." she hands me the note "Please if you decide to stay with him the night at his pack or if you are in trouble text me or mind link me."

"I'll do that." I smile at her.

It's already evening. In few hours I will meet with Heron. Oh my god I sound like a high school girl with a crush. I decided to text him.

Me: You could have just texted me you know.

I waited for him to reply but he didn't. Maybe he is busy, he'll reply later. I threw my phone on the bed and went to help Liz.

•••••••••••••••••••••••
Finally a update. Sorry I have been a little MIA. I hope you like this chapter and I hope you all are safe. Love you.