Don't Leave Me

J I M I N

BTS will be leaving tomorrow. This tour that we're going on is about three months long.

It's not like this is our first tour. I'm used to traveling so much, but this is my first tour since I started dating Mina. That just means it's gonna be 10× harder to leave and feel 10× better when we eventually get back.

I wasn't really looking forward to three months away from each other, so I invited Mina to stay over with me at my apartment the night before.

Right now, it's only the afternoon but I'm busy packing and getting ready for tomorrow.

I left my luggage at our dorm since I would be meeting the guys there tomorrow morning before we go to the airport. We weren't busy today, so I took my time getting ready.

In the evening, Mina and I went out for dinner before we came to my place.

Being with her now just made me realize how much I'm going to miss her.

We talked about a lot of things together. It's moments like these that really make me feel like a normal person. Not some singer, dancer, or k-pop star. Just like any other guy, happily living his life.

But that didn't last long. I started thinking about the tour again. I get lost in my head, gazing into Mina's eyes.

"Why the long face?" She asks me, tilting her head.

"I just..." I sigh, "I'm gonna miss you, so much."

"I'm not going anywhere." She says, caressing my cheek.

We finally got to my apartment later at night. Mina had never seen my place before.

"Wow," she says as we walk in, "You've got a nice place."

"Thanks."

"How come you don't stay here more often?" She asks.

It was true, I bought this studio apartment and only stay here about five times a month.

"I don't know," I scratch my neck, "I guess it's just lonely here. And besides, I don't have a lot of time to stay anyways."

She nods, looking around.

"What time are you guys leaving tomorrow?" She asks.

"Our flight leaves at 9:30, so we'll probably need to get to the airport by 8, which means we'll have to be awake at 7." I explain.

"Then shouldn't we go to sleep soon?"

"It's fine." I insist, "I can sleep on the plane."

We ended up watching a movie before going to sleep. Mina had fallen asleep before the movie ended. I woke her up when it was over.

"Minari~" I gently shake her shoulder.

Her eyes blink open slowly.

"What time is it?" She groans, sitting up.

"Past midnight." I say, "Time for bed."

There was only one bedroom in my apartment, and I didn't want either of us to be sleeping on the couch, so we'd have to share a bed for tonight.

Mina seemed to be fine with it.

"Ah," she laughs, "I was about to pick up my phone to text you before I went to sleep, but you're sitting right next to me."

"We can still talk." I say, "So how was your day?"

I start just like how we start our good night texts.

"I had a great day today." She says, scooting closer to me.

"Really? Wow, I did too."

We both laugh quietly.

We lay there in the dark.

If someone told me one year ago, that I'd be dating my best friend, I'd think they were crazy.

"Thanks for inviting me over, oppa." Mina says quietly.

"Of course. I wanted to spend more time with you."

"Well you have a lovely place."

"Hey, maybe you and I should live here together." I say, mostly joking.

She scoffs, "Oppaya, don't you think we should get married, or at least engaged before we move in with eachother?" I could tell she was mostly joking too, but I wanted to keep it going.

"Oh? You want to get married?" I laugh, "I'd gladly marry you any day, Mina."

I couldn't see her face, but I could sense that she was flustered.

"One day." That was all she said before she pecked me on the lips.

She simply gave me a peck, but I pull her back in for a real kiss.

Everytime we kiss, I feel like I'm floating. My cheeks get all warm and my heart feels all tingly.

Her hands went down to my chest, and that's when I realized Mina isn't as innocent as I thought she was.

Her duality amazes me.

Mina was asleep before I was. She fell asleep leaning on my shoulder. I held her close to me. I wouldn't get the chance to do this again anytime soon.

I listen to her breathe softly. I couldn't help but wonder what was going on inside of that head of hers. I slowly stroke her hair, but she remained asleep.

"Oh, Mina." I whisper, "I love you so much."

She didn't hear me, but I just felt like I had to say that. Make every moment like it's your last, right?