Reflection

M I N A

The sun was rising right as I woke up. I sit up in my own bed and remember what day it is. Our wedding day. This is really happening. Soon, my name will no longer be just Myoui Mina.

The morning rushes by. I was with my Twice sisters up until the ceremony. I was glad I had them by my side. Being with them helped calm me down.

"Who is that?" Nayeon-unnie says as I walk out in my dress.

"Is that really Mina-unnie?" Dahyun says.

"Our Mina's all grown up." Sana frowns with her puppy eyes.

It was a beautiful dress. We went with a mystical theme for our wedding. The color scheme was white, light blue, and purple. The flower crown I'm going to wear has little blue flowers and Jimin said he was going to wear a purple bow tie.

I got my hair styled and I put on some natural looking touch up makeup. Everything started coming together. It was time.

We got to the venue a bit early. It was amazing. Everything looked magical.

I met up with my dad before the ceremony started. He looked about ready to cry.

I give him a hug, "Don't cry yet, appa, the ceremony hasn't even started." I joke.

Everyone else was already seated in the audience. We were just waiting for our cue. The wedding attendants had already walked out.

It was finally our time. I took one last deep breath.

My dad walked me down the aisle past so many smiling faces. Seeing my family, my friends and my Twice sisters all in one place made me realize how special this was.

And then I saw the love of my life. He was standing at the altar, holding his hands in front of him. His whole face lit up when our eyes met.

My dad hands me off, but before he sits down, he whispers something to Jimin. Jimin nods and the ceremony goes on.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate with Mina and Jimin as they proclaim their love and commitment to each other and the world."

Jimin and I simply stare at each other. This reminded me of the first time we met when we were both too shy to say anything. He looked good in his suit. The purple bow tie was a nice touch. Last time I saw him, he had silver hair but I think he dyed it back to his natural color for our wedding. He smiles at me with a spark in his eye. I silently return the smile.

They got through the program quickly. We came to the part when we exchange our vows.

Jimin goes first.

"My dear Minari, from this day forward, I make you a promise: what ever happens, you will never walk alone. I’ll stand by your side, and sleep in your arms, I’ll be the joy in your heart, I promise to love you with a passion. Through our brightest days and our darkest nights, I take you, into my heart. I see your beauty, your innocence and light. Let it shine. May the world see how beautiful you are, as I see how beautiful you really are, but may there be a special light
that only I can see. I give you my heart." I got that same heart flutter feeling as when he proposed to me. His words almost made me cry.

Then it was my turn. I took a deep breath.

"Jimin-ah...No matter what this life brings us, I take you as my love, beside me and apart from me, in laughter and tears, and in conflict and peace. I ask that you be no other than yourself, as I love you just the way you are. I cherish you, for being all that you are, all that you are not, and all that you can be. Know that I am always here for you. I will help you when you need help, and I will turn to you when I need help. I choose you to be the one I spend the rest of my life with." Jimin smiles softly as I say this.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Jihyo-unnie put her hand over her heart and go "aww."

They hand us the rings.

Jimin takes my hand and slowly slides the ring onto my finger, "I give you this ring as a sign of my love, and with all that I have, I honor you and take you as my lovely wife." He looks back up at me and smiles again.

I then take his hand and put his ring on, "I give you this ring as a reminder
that I will love, honor, and cherish you, in all times and all places, forever."

And then the moment we were all waiting for.

"Mina and Jimin, you have expressed your love to each other through the commitment and promises you have just made. It is with these in mind that I pronounce you husband and wife. You have kissed a thousand times, maybe more." The crowd quietly laughs, "But today the feeling is new. No longer simply partners or best friends, you have become husband and wife and can now seal the agreement with a kiss. Today, your kiss is a promise. You may kiss the bride."

Jimin puts his hands on my waist and leans in. I place my hands on his shoulders.

We finally kiss and our family and friends all cheer. My eyes were shut, but I felt Jimin smiling as we kissed.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I now introduce to you, Park Jimin and Mina."

Jimin takes my hand as we lead the recessional back up the aisle. The instrumental to Jimin's song, Promise, plays as we walk.

Our friends and family shower us in bubbles. It really was a magical moment.

"Jimin and Mina," Jimin says, "It's got a nice ring to it."

I laugh, "It does, doesn't it?"

Forever with Jimin. That's got a nice ring to it too.

I'm going to remember this day forever, but yet again, this is only just the beginning.