Reflection (Part 2)

J I M I N

The ceremony was over so I can relax now. That was really stressful. I was so nervous I would mess up and drop the ring or stumble on my words, but we made it through without any problems. I am now a married man!

We had lunch before moving on with more activities. Sometime during lunch, Jin-hyung and Dahyun-ssi performed for everyone.

Jin sang while Dahyun played the keyboard. I listened to the music, taking in the meaningful lyrics, at the same time, studying Mina and admiring her.

She noticed me staring.

"It's not polite to stare, oppa." She says playfully.

"Sorry, you're just so gorgeous."

She kisses me on the cheek.

"I love you, Mina." I say, still daydreaming.

"I love you too, Jimin. Let's enjoy this day."

I still can't believe this is all happening. I feel like this is one big dream, but it's not. I'm just a really lucky guy.

After lunch, Namjoon-hyung and Nayeon-ssi both gave speeches. Namjoon talked about how he first met me when I was a kid and how BTS first met Twice.

"The first time that Twice and BTS were alone in the same room, I knew something was up between these two." He said, "And those two as well." He laughs, glancing at Jungkook and Sana.

Nayeon-ssi's speech made a lot of people cry. She talked about the same thing Namjoon did, but she also told us how proud she is of Mina as a friend, idol, and person.

"Mina is our sunshine. It wasn't long ago when we were still trainees, and seventeen-year-old Mina was too shy to talk to us in the practice room. Mina is special to us, to everyone. I'm so grateful to have spent so much time with her and see her grow as a person. Jimin is a good guy. I know you'll take care of our Mina and she'll take care of you too."

After their speeches, I was asked to give a speech, but this was the part when I planned to sing.

I clear my throat before speaking into the microphone,"Ah, I apologize, I don't have a speech prepared.." I say, "but I do have a song I want to sing."

Only my members knew about my little surprise. They all look toward me excitedly. Mina also looks toward me and her members, surprised.

I stepped onto the floor, taking center stage. The music starts playing and I nod my head to the mellow tune.

I chose a special song. Love Letter by VIXX. This song has a special place in my heart. It came out around the same time that BTS debuted. I listened to it whenever I was down.

The first line already relates to me on a different level.

"Even if I’m not a good talker, please understand me," I sang softly, "I will tell you all of the truth that I’ve been keeping.."

This is more of a confession story, but I never really properly confessed my love to Mina. There were so many nice ways I could've done it, but of course I asked her on a date over text.

I continue the song.

"Do you remember the day we first met? Your pretty lips smiled at me," As I sang this line, I could only picture Mina with her long reddish black hair she had back then. It covered part of her face, but I still saw her subtle smile.

"After that day, I was determined that I never want to lose you from my embrace, that I will go till the end..." I sang to her. She was probably thinking the same thing I was. This part reminded me of being apart from each other for so long, but even if work separates us, we are still together.

"Saying I love you with words might not be enough, but still I will confess to you today I wanna be with you," I held out the note, making sure my voice didn't strain, "always from a step behind you don’t forget there’s a person who will protect you..."

The sweet ballad eventually comes to an end. To my surprise, I was getting emotional even though I've practiced this song so many times.

I walk back over to Mina, who was still sitting at our table, but she stands up and hugs me before asking me for the mic.

"That was beautiful, Jimin, thank you. I had no idea about this, and I kind of had a similar surprise in mind." She says.

"Oh?" I look to her.

"I also had a song I wanted to sing today." She smiles, "Dahyun-ah, could you help me out?"

Ah, Dahyun must be playing the keyboard again. Man, why didn't I think of something like that?

Dahyun's hands glide across the keyboard. I listened to see if I recognized the song.

I recognized it as soon as she sang the first line.

"Where you are, I will be there too.."

I knew the song, but it sounded like an entirely different piece when Mina sang. Her soft voice always makes me smile.

"Where you go, I will go there too..."

The original version of this song has strong parts and powerful notes, but Mina toned it down so it was slower and more like a nice lullaby.

Again, a song, like a story. Singing this song to someone is like telling them a story or giving them a message.

Standing out there, she looked so elegant, like a princess. Wait, no, not a princess, a queen. My queen.

I didn't want this day to end. I'm the happiest I've ever been. As Mina finished the song, I started thinking about how I have to leave next month. And then I started crying.

I see her walk towards me through my watery eyes. She fully embraces me.

"Oppa, why so many tears?" She held my face, wiping the thin water streaks off of my cheeks.

"I just...I love you so much." I laugh nervously.

I tried to stop crying, but she hugs me again and I just let it all out. I'm going to miss this so much. I'm going to miss her so much.

The last activity before the reception ended was the dance. Mina danced with her dad first. He looked so proud of her. After they were done, I danced with my mom. She cried, but they were happy tears.

The last dance was just Mina and me. We slow danced to a song we both knew. And I don't know if it was a coincidence, but this same song was playing in my headphones when Twice and BTS played that whisper game together all those days ago. It brought back cheerful memories.

Every time we touch, I don't want to let go. She fit perfectly in my arms. If I let go, I'll have no idea when I'll be able to hold her again.

"I'll never forget this." I say to her while we dance.

"How could anyone forget a day like this? It's perfect." She smiles.

I laugh silently, breathlessly.

"How does it feel?"

"Surreal." She chuckles and looks down, shyly, "Everything's been moving so fast."

"I know..." I say, "The timing could've been better, but I don't regret anything. At the end of the day, I still love you." I pull us closer as the slow song comes to an end.

She kisses me, caressing my face.

"You got me, Mr. Park. You got me good." She says.

I laugh softly, "You make me crazy." I say, and then kiss her again.

Our perfect day ended in a perfect way.