The Reason Why

J I M I N

Time really flies. Our wedding is in two days. We already sent out the invites about a month ago. We just invited our closest friends and family  members. I'm more than ready for this.

I can't wait to see my beautiful Mina, walking down the aisle on our wedding day.

About my enlistment, the truth is, I just want to get it over with so I can enjoy the rest of my life without thinking about it again. If only military service wasn't legally required in South Korea. I know it's kind of a jerk move to marry your significant other and then leave for a year and a half, but I'd rather do that than marry her, raise our kid for a few years and then leave when I'm older. My life with Mina will motivate me during my service.

Jin-hyung agrees with my perspective. He said he regrets not doing his service back then because now that BTS is huge, it'll be a larger impact when we all start leaving one-by-one. I mean, we'll be back, there will just be a period of time when BTS isn't seven. We all can't go at the sane time, so the company wants us to keep promoting even when while we're gone. They even prepared music and music videos to release during our service. Things probably aren't gonna be the same when we get back. 

I really hope I'm making the best decision for us. But I don't want to think about it right now. Right now, I want to think about our wedding. Everything's all set. We prepared everything.

Mina and I promised not to overdo it with our vows so it won't feel like we're trying to one-up each other. I've already planned what I want to say. I wrote it down on paper, but I won't use the paper during the ceremony. I don't want it to feel like a script.

We both agreed not to wear too much makeup, if any. I just want everything to feel natural and comfortable. It'll be amazing. I can't wait.

And the fact that we haven't seen each other in a week, and the first time I'm gonna be seeing her is when she walks down the aisle, makes things even better. It'll only make happier to see her.

I've been staying at home more often, but Mina and Twice and are out town right now. They'll be back tomorrow, just in time.

Our wedding is in the afternoon, so I think I should wake up early to get ready. It takes a long time for me to get dressed and fix my hair. Luckily, my stylist agreed to help me with my hair so that shouldn't take too long.

Of course, I had to choose the guys to be my groomsmen. I gave Tae the responsibility of being my best man. Originally, I wasn't going to have one just because I couldn't choose favorites between the members, but Tae said he's never been a best man and he really wanted to be one, so I gave in.

Mina was going to just choose all of the Twice members to be bridesmaids, but a few of them insisted to sit out in the crowd just to even out the numbers. So Mina went with Tzuyu, Jeongyeon, Momo, Chaeyoung, and Sana as her maid of honor.

I wanted to surprise Mina during our reception. I'm planning to sing a special song. This song is perfect for us. It's not a BTS song or a Twice song, but the words apply exactly to us. It's a slower song with a nice tone. I think it'll perfect.

Both of our families are going to be there. They wouldn't miss it for anything. My parents are really proud of me, given how shy I used to be, especially when I was a kid. It wasn't too long ago when I was still living at my parents house and going to school. Those days when that was all I knew. I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. I was told that music would take me nowhere, that dance wasn't a real profession. Look at me now.