Changing

M I N A

The other day I got a call from Jimin. What he told me was unexpected.

"We were invited to guest star on this talk show next week." He said.

"We? Like BTS and Twice?"

"No, like, just you and me."

"Really? That's kind of strange..."

"They told me they wanted to do an interview on relationships in the music and entertainment industry."

"I did a similar interview a while back, except it was just Momo, Jihyo, Sana and me."

"I'll have to ask my manager about it, but I just wanted to let you know."

"Yeah, I don't know if our agencies would be okay with us being super open about this on camera."

"But I think it's a cool idea." I said, "I feel like we should talk about the things that people don't see, like what we have to deal with on a daily basis."

"I don't think our agencies want them to know about that..."

"Exactly."

He sighed, "We'll see, Minari."

We met with our managers today. Jimin and I were both at our own companies, but we talked to each other and with our managers over video chat.

"JYPE will allow Mina to participate in this promotion." My manager says.

"BigHit will also allow Jimin to participate, under certain conditions." Jimin's manager says.

"They can not say anything else about our two companies interacting."

Jimin and I nod.

"They may not mention the relationships of any other artists or staff besides theirs."

We nod again.

"And they may not talk about interactions before their dating bans were over."

My manager peers at me because she knew we were talking before my dating ban was up.

"Do we have an agreement?"

"Yes, thank you." My manager says.

Jimin and I nod once more.

The video chat comes to an end and my manager turns to me.

"Mina-chan." She says.

"Yes?"

"You know I trust you, but please just make good decisions and don't let anything slip out." She says.

"I'll be careful. Promise."

Twice is going out of town a few times before next week so I had to get back to work. We had a few concerts here and a few in Japan. We also had a couple of fan signs along with those.

Whenever there's a concert coming up, we always have to practice dancing at least three hours a day. I don't mind the dance practices because we get to supervise ourselves and make our own rules. Usually, we'd go over all of our song lyrics that we'd be performing, but we didn't have enough time to do that and I think we all know our lyrics pretty well.

Our first concert is tomorrow evening, but before that is a fan sign. They sold nearly three hundred tickets for the fan sign. We usually like to spend time with each fan and have small conversations with them, but with that many people, if there's any delay, we have to rush sometimes.

I was about to text Jimin to say "good night" but he called me before I pressed the send button.

"Oh, oppa, I was just about to text you." I say.

"Sorry jagi, I just wanted to hear your voice again." He says. His voice sounded raspy.

"Are you okay? You sound sick."

"I'm fine." He says. It sounded like he couldn't breathe through his nose. "Just allergies."

"Are you going to sleep soon?"

"Oh, yeah. I just wanted to call because I was feeling lonely."

"Aw. You know I'm here for you."

He laughs softly, "Yeah, that's why I called you."

I smile to myself.

"Minari, can I ask for a favor?" He says, sounding breathy.

"Of course, oppa."

"I've been having trouble falling asleep lately. Do you know of anything that can help me?" He asks.

This gave me an idea.

"You like hearing my voice, right?" I ask.

"Yeah, of course I do."

"Then how 'bout I sing for you?"

"Oh..that'd be nice."

"Are you already in bed?"

"Yep. I'm ready to sleep. I'm so tired, but my thoughts keep me awake."

I start singing for him, using my softest voice possible. I decided to sing our song "Sleep Tight Good Night".

"Think of me, me, me...Come see me, me, me..."

I hear him take a deep breath.

"Baby good night, good night.." I sing. I just knew he had to be smiling right now.

"How was last night...Did you have a nice dream?"

I was going to continue singing, but I heard some soft snores on the other end. I waited to see if he noticed I stopped singing, but I think he was fast asleep. I listened to him for a bit.

"Love you, oppa." I whisper before hanging up.

When I first met Jimin, I didn't notice it at the time, but he would try to be tough whenever BTS was around Twice.

I won't lie, I was attracted by that, but I like it when he shows his soft side, too. There are times when Jimin wants to be treated like a baby, and times when he wants to treat me like his baby. I don't mind either one.

Jimin can be really sweet, but at the same time, he could probably break someone's arms if they ticked him off enough.

I feel safe whenever I'm with him. We both know we have each other's backs.

If Jimin were my husband one day, my life would be so different, but in a good way.