Heartbeat

J I M I N

I shouldn't have checked my phone when I woke up. That just put me in a bad mood.

#1 trending in Korea was #JIMINA and #2 was #BANGTWICE, but that's not what upset me

What upset me were the insensitive comments.

*****: Jimin and mina?? Wtf he doesn't deserve her

*****: Another BangTwice couple I'm gonna k*ll someone

*****: Jimin better run

*****: petition to kick Mina from twice

*****: What the he*l are they thinking?

*****: I can already see the next article being about their breakup

I reported a bunch of other comments, which were way worse than these. I hope Mina doesn't see any of this.

I told her it was going to be okay. I have to keep that promise.

I told myself it wouldn't get to me, but it did. I tried to ignore it. Those people online don't know anything. I "don't deserve her."  I would take a bullet for Mina.

Later that day, JYPE and BigHit released a statement saying that "If anyone posts malicious or hateful comments towards any of our idols, there will be legal consequences."

We made the bad decision of going out that day. We also made the mistake of only bringing one bodyguard.

Mina and I walked to the store from my apartment. When we finished shopping and tried to head back, there were fansites and other online news outlets following us.

Well we couldn't go to my place with them following us. The JYPE building was closest to where we were, so Mina suggested to camp out in there for a while until they stopped following us, or at least get someone to drive us back.

But when we got there, there was a crowd outside of the building too. We tried to keep our heads low and get in through the side door, but of course someone sees us.

We were nearly to the door, but we got surrounded. I made sure Mina was close to me, but some angry guy grabbed her arm as I got the door open.

Mina tried to get his hand off, but he wouldn't let go. Our bodyguard was there, but I got to the guy first and shove him off of her.

"Stand back!" Our bodyguard yells at the crowd of people.

"Don't you put a hand on her!" I was mad.

"Jimin-"

I get all of us inside and the door shuts firmly behind us.

Our bodyguard let's out a frustrated sigh before going off to find more security to disperse the crowd.

We waited in the lobby until they were all gone.

Maybe next time we go out, we should bring two bodyguards. Apparently, one isn't enough. That situation could've went way worse. I don't know what that guy wanted with Mina, but he didn't look happy. Who knows what could have happened.

We had one of Mina's managers drive and drop us off at the Twice dorms. I waited there until Yoongi-hyung came to pick me up. BTS had a fan sign to go to.

Mina called again later that day.

"Minari?" I picked up.

"Hey, oppa."

"Hey, how're you holding up?"

"I'm holding up."

"I think we should've stayed in bed." I say.

She laughs, "I think you're right."

"You sure you're okay?" I ask. Something didn't feel right.

"I don't know...it's just," She sighs, "I feel like the universe doesn't want us to be together." I could hear the hurt in her voice.

"Don't say that." I breathe, "I love you, that's what matters. We've come this far, and we're still together, right?"

"Right..."

"We knew this wasn't gonna be easy, love."

"I know, but dating someone you really love shouldn't be this hard either."

I had no response for that. Who was I kidding, she was right.

"You're right. Things shouldn't have to be like this, but they are."

"It's okay. As long as we have each other, we'll be alright."

"I love you."

"I know, I love you too."

Later, about after dinner time, I was sitting in my room, trying to come up with some lyrics, when Jungkook bursts into my room, despite the "DO NOT DISTURB pls" sign on my door.

"Hyung!"

"J-jungkook! Didn't you see the sign?"

"Well yes, but I had something important to tell you..."

I sigh, "Go on."

"Okay, so you remember Seungwan-ssi, from Seventeen, right?"

"Yeah, what about him?"

"He just called me and asked if I had Mina-ssi's phone number."

"And..? Did you give it to him?"

Don't say it.

He wouldn't look at me.

"JK, did you give him her number??"

"Yeah..."

I let out an exasperated sigh.

"Hyung, I'm sorry! What was I supposed to do?"

"Not give it to him?"

"No, I had already said that I had Mina's number because of our group chat so-"

"You can't just go giving people's private information out!"

"But he's our friend,"

"But he's not Mina's friend, it's different, maybe she didn't want him to contact her outside of work. Why do you think he didn't just ask her?"

"I'm sorry..."

"It's okay, Jungkook, just be careful if this ever happens again."

This day can't get any more difficult.