Butterfly

M I N A

I haven't been working, but I'm still tired all of the time. It's hard to do anything so I mostly just stay home. Besides, I can't really go out anyways without anyone recognizing me.

I'm about four months in. Tomorrow, we're going to get my mid-pregnancy ultrasound and we'll found out if our baby's going to be a girl or a boy.

Each day is closer and closer to the due date. I'm supposed to have the baby sometime in late January to early February. To be honest, I'm scared of that part. That's the hardest part, but I know it'll be worth it.

Jimin is trying to work as much as possible while he still can before he takes time off. For majority of the day, I'm at home by myself, but sometimes some of my members come visit or I stay on video chat with my mom for a while.

My mom had two kids, my brother and me, so she's been giving me some advice.

"Don't wait for the last minute to get things done. It's better to be over-prepared than not. I learned that the hard way." She told me.

I often asked her about things to buy or what to do in certain situations. She's been helping us out a lot lately, even if she's all the way in another country.

I've been trying to eat healthier and I've also been going to bed earlier. Most of the time, I go to bed before Jimin gets home. Some nights, I'd fall asleep in our room by myself, and then wake up in the middle of the night with Jimin's arms around me.

In the morning, we wake up to go to our appointment. Jimin is taking the day off today.

We went back to the medical center to get the ultrasound done. I was so anxious to find out.

While we were waiting, Jimin smiles at me.

"Are you ready?" He asks.

"Now or never, right?" I say, still sounding nervous.

The process went smoothly.

My eyes were glued to the screen, watching.

We finally got the clearest image of the baby. We were able to see the little hands and a bit of their face. Right now, they're about the size of a sweet potato.

The doctor says after observing a while, "Okay, I think we have the baby's gender, unless you guys want to be surprised, it's up to you."

Jimin and I exchange glances.

"I think we'd like to find out now." He says, taking my hand.

"Alright, well from what we're seeing..."

We all look back at the screen.

"It looks like you two will be having a little boy."

"A boy.." I sigh, still shocked.

"We're having a boy!" Jimin laughs excitedly.

We're having a baby boy. We're going to be meeting the little guy in a few more months.

Everything's happening so quickly, but it feels like barely any time has passed.

A few days later, we started buying baby clothes and other things for a baby boy.

We finished setting up the baby room not long after that.

We told our members that we were having a boy and they couldn't be happier for us. They already started giving us gifts and stuff for the baby.

The BTS members reactions:

"You're having a Jimin junior?!"

"That's not gonna be his name!"

"Then what about Taehyung junior? Haha, just kidding."

"BTS' eighth member! Yeah! Heheh."

"Congrats, I bet he's gonna be adorable."

"Wah, he's gonna be our little nephew."

"I still can't believe you two are having a kid."

I don't think we'll be having a baby shower, just because Jimin doesn't have a lot of time in between schedules, but that's okay. I don't mind at all. I actually think it's better this way since I don't really like getting all the attention, especially right now.

In less than six months, our son will be born. I can't wait to meet the little guy.

Jimin and I, being first-time parents, I just hope we can do this right. It's not like you can really practice for this. There's still so much we can learn while we still have time.

Our son is going to have a great life.