Home

J I M I N

BTS had a few days off this week. I decided to use this time to go and visit my parents for my birthday. Mina had some time off, too. She had three days off, I had four. Mine started yesterday while hers starts today.

Mina and I took the express train to Busan early in the morning. The trip was about two hours, one way. On the train, Mina fell asleep on my shoulder with her headphones in. I tried to fall asleep too.

"Just let me love~ you..." I sang under my breath, the rattling of the train cabin drowning out my voice.

We arrived at the station after a long ride. I called a cab to drive us to my parents' place.

"Oh, I forgot to mention, my grandma will probably be there too." I tell Mina before we get there.

"Okay-"

"But I have to warn you, she's a hugger."

Mina laughs, "I don't mind."

We arrive at my parents' house, my old home. It didn't look too different since the last time I was here.

We got our luggage out of the car before approaching the door.

I knock twice.

My mom opens the door, surprised to see me.

"Jimin-ah! Oh, we weren't expecting you for another hour!" She pulls me into a tight hug.

"Hi, mom! Sorry, the train arrived sooner than we thought."

She turns to Mina, "Oh, and you must be Mina! You're so beautiful in person-"

"Mom," I sigh.

Mina starts to bow and say, "Yes, hi, so nice to meet y-"

My mom cuts her off by giving her a hug too. She motions us to come inside.

"Honey, look who's here!" My mom calls for my dad.

My dad comes down the hallway and sees me right away.

"Is that my son? Jimin? My gosh, you look different again!" My dad gives me a rough hug.

"It's the hair." I say, "Last time you saw me, my hair was blonde."

"You keep changing your hair color, I think I forgot what your natural hair looks like." My mom says.

"Dad, this is Mina."

Mina bows and smiles, "Hi, nice to meet you, Mr. Park."

"Pleasure to finally meet you, Mina-ssi, but please, you can call us Park appa and Park eomma." My dad says.

I got a little embarrassed about how excited they were. Mina didn't seem to mind, but knowing her, she was probably shaking on the inside.

My mom had made us lunch so we started walking to the kitchen. My parents had a lot of questions for Mina.

"So where are you from, Mina?"

"I'm from Kobe, Japan."

"Ohh, you're Japanese,"

I was afraid my dad might say something insensitive about Japan, but luckily he didn't.

"So when did you end up in Korea?"

"Ah, I think in 2013. I moved there after being scouted in Japan."

"2013? Wait, how old are you?"

"I'm twenty."

"Twenty? So young!"

"Younger than Jimin, son, how old are you, again?"

"Turning twenty-two tomorrow, dad." 

"And how did you two meet?" 

I glanced at Mina to see what she would say because, honestly, I didn't exactly remember.

"Well we knew each other, but we didn't become good friends until we danced together at SAF in 2016." 

"Oh, you do contemporary dance, too?" 

"I can do many different styles." Mina nods.

"Mina did ballet for eleven years." I add, mostly because that fact always surprises people, even me.

"Wow.."

We entered the kitchen and saw my grandma already at the table, getting things ready.

"Mom, look who's here." My mom tells my grandma.

"Oh!" She jumps when she spots me, "My chim Jimin." She smiles, pinching my cheek.

"Mom, do you remember Jimin's girlfriend?" My mom asks her.

My mom said she had already told my grandma about Mina because they were so excited that I had a girlfriend.

"Ah, yes, yes. Nina? No, Mina, right? You're so pretty~" She hugs Mina, who is a bit flustered at the moment.

"Is Jihyun in town?" I ask my dad.

Jihyun is my younger brother. I haven't seen him in a while.

"Ah, your brother hasn't come to visit in months. He's been busy with his studies."

"Oh, okay."

The five of us had lunch, catching up with each other and telling stories.

Whenever Mina talked, my mom would always have a big smile on her face. I have a feeling she likes her.

"You have such a nice voice." My grandma told Mina.

"Ah, thank you."

Unfortunately, we couldn't stay long. We could only stay for one night. We had to head back tomorrow morning. We had other plans and our break would be up soon, but for now, I was able to enjoy some time with my family.

I think they really like Mina. I'm glad. I was kind of worried, but not too much, since Mina is an amazing person in general. I think my parents were just glad that I'm in a happy relationship, but that's what parents do, even when you're an adult.

Here, I feel happy. I feel like I belong.

That place is no other than Mi Casa.