Our Hearts [A J.Bieber Story] Ch. 2

Justin

I was awoken by a loud thud downstairs. My first reaction was to stay in bed and forget about it but then realization hit me. What if some girl had figured out my address and had somehow snuck in? I was suddenly up and alert.

You've lost it, Bieber. I thought and shook my head. It was probably just my imagination, no one knew my address. I was about to get back in bed when I heard another thud. I quickly looked around for something I could use to defend myself just in case. I looked over at my guitar. It seemed like the only useful thing in here. I grabbed it and held it up in defense as I began to slowly make my way out of my room and downstairs.

Everything was dark and things seemed quiet at first but then I heard that familiar thud again. I held my guitar up higher. I could see a shadow in the kitchen. My heart was pounding hard now. I quickly searched for the light switch and turned it on, holding my guitar up even higher as a warning.

Someone screamed.

I screamed.

I dropped my guitar.

It fell on my toe.

I groaned in pain and blinked a few times to get a clear view of the person standing before me. It was girl. She seemed to be around my age and she was standing flat up against the counter and clutching her chest as if she was just about to have a heart attack.

I sighed. "What-who are you?"

"I-I'm Lila, Lorena's daughter." She didn't change her position. I noticed her hair was light brown and straight, yet it was horrible mess at the moment. Her eyes were a beautiful shade of green and she was wearing a purple pair of pajamas. I had totally forgotten all about my mother's guests. They had probably arrived sometime after I fell asleep last night.

"Oh, right. Sorry, I forgot." I ran my fingers through my hair. "Um, why exactly are you in the kitchen in the middle of the night?"

Her cheeks turned a light shade of pink. "I was, um, thirsty so I thought I could help myself to some water. Is that, um, ok?"

I chuckled. She was cute. "Oh course, anytime."

She smiled and then began to giggle.

"Uh, what's so funny?" I asked curiously.

"You, um..." She giggled and motioned at me.

I was confused at first but then I remembered something. I was in my boxers. All I was wearing was my friggin' boxers. I made a self note to start wearing pants to sleep, at least while they were here.

"Oh yeah, well I thought someone had broken into the house to clothing didn't occur to me." I felt my face go red.

She giggled. "Wow, and thanks for the near-heart attack."

I raised my hands up in defense. "You were the one who gave me a near-heart attack."

"You really thought your guitar was going to do much?" She chuckled.

I looked down at my guitar which was now lying at my feet. "Yeah, well it's obviously a pretty tough guitar."

She rolled her eyes. "Well you can go to bed now. I'm just going to get some water and then go back up to sleep. I'm exhausted."

I nodded. "Ok, see ya in the morning."

"See ya."

I suddenly remembered I hadn't introduced myself. "By the way, I'm Justin."

She smiled as she took a water bottle out of the fridge. "Nice to meet you, Justin."

I couldn't help but smile too as I walked back up to my room.