Chapter 5

A.N. I got some help from
@_-SashaAndDante-_ who came up with an idea for this chapter. Enjoy! Also, sorry it took so long for this chapter to come out.

—————————————————————————
            Everyone just gaped at Zane, who had just turned into a werewolf.

            "Okay. My brother just turned into a werewolf. Cool. Time to go home." Garroth said as he turned away.

            "What are we going to tell mom?" Zane asked, clearly concerned.

            "It'll be fine. Mom has nothing against werewolves." Vylad assured.

            "O-Okay. Let's go. Bye, Sky." Zane called back to Skylar who waved at him.

            The boys got home and their mom immediately noticed that Zane was suddenly a werewolf.

            "You're a... werewolf. How did this happen?" She asked.

            "Not entirely sure." Zane answered. "Welp, I'm going to bed." He continued, walking up to his room.

~The next day at school~

            Garte and Zianna enrolled Zane into Werewolf 101.

            'Great. Time for my favorite class. Werewolf class.' Zane thought sarcastically.

            He walked into the classroom and sat next at the table next to Aphmau's and Aaron's table.

            "Zane? I didn't know you were a werewolf." Aphmau said.

            "I didn't use to be. This just kinda... happened." Zane answered.

            Aphmau nodded in understanding.

~After class in the hallway~

            "Zane?" Zane turned around to see Gene standing there with his Shadow Knights.

            "What is it, Gene?" Zane asked, annoyed.

            "You're a werewolf? Since when?" Gene asked, disgusted.

            "Since yesterday." Zane answered.

            "You're even more ugly now that you're a werewolf." Gene insulted, punching Zane so hard that he flew into the locker behind him.

            What the Shadow Knights didn't know: Garroth, Vylad, and Aphmau we're all standing right there, watching the scene unfold.

            Garroth and Vylad felt anger towards the Shadow Knights and sympathy towards their brother.

            Aphmau was shocked. 'I know Zane has been known for being kinda awful, but maybe this is why.' She thought.

            "Hey! Leave him alone!" Aphmau yelled.

            "Or what?" Gene taunted, not noticing Garroth and Vylad.

            Garroth and Vylad stepped into eye shot, looking angry.

            "Abort! Abort! Run away! Run away!" Zenix yelled. They all started to run down the hall, but Garroth pushed Gene up against a locker.

            "You hurt my baby brother again, you won't be able to run anywhere ever again." Garroth threatened.

            Gene nodded frantically, desperate for Garroth to let go, which he did.

            "Are you okay?" Garroth asked, turning his attention back to Zane.

            Zane nodded, not looking at Garroth, Vylad, or Aphmau.

            "Tell us if they mess with you again." Vylad demanded.

            Zane nodded again, still not making eye contact with any of them. Garroth, Vylad, and Aphmau all shared looks of concern and then looked back at Zane.