Chapter 14

A.N. Welcome to chapter 14! Chapter 15 will be up today too and I'll explain why next part before we get into chapter 15. Hope you enjoy the chapter!

—————————————————————————
Zianna stares in shock as she thinks to herself, 'he knows?! Of course he knows! He's the smartest person I know!'

"Answer the question, mom," Vylad said, growing impatient.

"Ummmm..." Zianna sighs, "yes. Yes, he is."

Vylad looked down, unsure of what to feel about this.

"Vylad? You okay?" Zianna put her hand on Vylad's shoulder.

Vylad nodded before saying, "I just don't know what to feel about this."

"Well, I'll give you some time to think about it, but will you go wake Zane up?" Zianna asked.

Vylad nodded and then walked up the stairs and then into Zane's room.

Vylad shook his brother awake, "Zane, it's almost time for school."

Zane nodded and got out of bed. Vylad walked out of the room, letting Zane get dressed and then the two walked downstairs. They grabbed their backpacks and walked out the door. Vylad couldn't stop thinking about what his mom had told him.

"Vylad, are you okay?" Zane asked, looking at his younger brother.

"Yeah, yeah, I just..." Vylad contemplated telling Zane, "you know that guy mom met? Vincent?"

"Yeah?" Zane answered.

"Well, turns out, he's my biological father," Vylad looked at Zane to watch his reaction.

"I wasn't expecting that. Wait! If mom dates your biological dad and eventually marries him, would that make us stepbrothers?" Zane asked curiously.

"I... don't know actually. Would it make us half-adopted-stepbrothers?" Vylad asked, confused.

They arrive at the school and head to their homeroom class. Skylar, Aphmau, and Travis are all in their seats already.

Vylad and Zane both tell their friends what they just talked about on the way to school.

"Wow. Just... wow. What are the odds of that?!" Aphmau asked, looking at Vylad in shock.

"Not very likely," Vylad answered.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the classroom, Skylar looked at Zane with shock written all over her face.

"What?! That's crazy! And unlikely! No one could've seen that coming!" Skylar said enthusiastically.

"I definitely didn't," Zane answered.

"So what are you going to do about it?" Skylar asked in curiosity.

"Nothing. He's a great guy and he really makes my mom happy. I don't see any reason to do something about it," Zane answered.

"That makes sense. I wish you guys the best of luck with that," Skylar said.

"Thanks," Zane said.
———————————————————————————
A.N. I wasn't really sure how to end this chapter so I'm just ending it there. Hope you enjoyed! Chapter 15 will be up later today!