Chapter 17 (final chapter)

A.N. So normally I would put these messages in bold, but I'm typing on my computer and it's my first time successfully logging into Wattpad on a computer so I don't know if/how I can do that on a computer. Enjoy the FINAL CHAPTER! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

          Skylar paced around her room with her phone to her ear. She had the News on in the background as she said to herself, "come on, Zane, pick up, pick up!" 

         She got excited when she thought she heard someone pick up the phone, but was disappointed when it just went to voicemail. She kept trying to call and text Zane, but never got a reply. She sighed as she looked at the time. she hummed in frustration when she realized it was only 8:00 p.m. She kept trying to call and text him for hours until she realized it was now 11:00 p.m. She hummed in thought then looked at her window. 

          She put her phone in her pocket and opened her window. She threw her rope ladder down to the ground out her window and climbed down it. 

          Meanwhile, Zane had just got home with his family and went upstairs to his room. He stayed up on his phone for a little while before he turned off his light, put his phone on the charger, and went to bed. He was drifting off to sleep, but jolted awake when he heard knocking on his window. Zane looked over at his window and realized it was Skylar. He got out of bed and opened the window. 

          "Hi," she breathed out as if she were a little out of breath.

          Zane grabbed hold of her elbow and helped her into his bedroom. "Skylar? What are you doing here? More importantly, did you seriously run all the way here?" 

          "Zane," she breathed out before holding up her finger as if to signal 'one second' before continuing, "I have something VERY important to tell you! Didn't you get my messages or calls?"

          "Well, I did, but I figured it was just so,ething you could tell me tomorrow morning at school," Zane answered. 

          "Well, I mean, it is, but it's extremely important!" Skylar exclaimed. 

          "Well, what is it?" Zane asked curiously. 

          "Well," Skylar took a deep breath before continuing slowly, "Garte broke out of jail..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.N. Yep. That's it. I'm serious. That's it.  Hope you enjoyed!