Chapter 4

Saturday morning, Brianna woke up, got dressed, and headed downstairs. When she walked into the kitchen, she saw her father eating breakfast and reading the newspaper.

"Good morning, pumpkin." Her father greeted her. Brianna waved to her father. "I made scrambled eggs for breakfast." Scott said. Brianna nodded. She went over to the counter. She made herself some waffles and put scrambled eggs on a plate. She poured coffee in a mug and sat at the table with everything. "How was shopping with your friends last night?" Scott asked.

"It was good. I bought a bunch of new clothes. And then we went to this little Italian restaurant for dinner." Brianna typed as she ate. "Well, I ate dinner. Rosalie and Alice didn't eat anything."

"Sounds like you had fun." Scott said. "What kind of clothes did you get?"

"Hoodies, sweaters, and leggings. Same stuff that I always wear." Brianna typed. "Although, Alice did make me get stuff that I probably will never wear."

"Like what?" Scott asked.

"Like dresses, blouses and skirts, and heels." Brianna typed. "You know I've never been into that stuff."

"I know." Scott said. "But for what it's worth, you would look nice in a dress."

"Thanks Dad." Brianna typed.

"Is that one of the new outfits you bought?" Scott said, pointing to her clothes.

"Yeah." Brianna typed. She was wearing a pink sweater with flowers on it, black leggings, and pink converses.

"How was your first week of school?" Scott asked

"It's going great so far." Brianna typed. "All of my teachers have been very patient whenever I answer a question."

"That's good to hear." Scott said.

Brianna thought about the students. Other than the Cullens, most of the other students were still giving her a hard time on the fact that she didn't talk. She tried to not let it get to her, but it got annoying.

"Dad, do you think it's weird that I don't talk when there's nothing wrong with me?" Brianna asked. She knew what her father would say, but she asked him anyway.

"Of course not." Scott said.

"Why didn't you ever make me talk?" Brianna asked.

"Brianna, I know how hard it was for you to lose your mother and to see her like that." Scott said. "I didn't want to push you or force you to do anything." Brianna nodded. "Why are you asking this all of a sudden?" Scott asked.

"Some of the kids at school have been giving me a hard time about it." Brianna typed.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart." Scott said.