Chapter 13

"So what, now he's coming after us?" Bella asked.

"James is a tracker. The hunt is his obsession." Edward explained as he sped out of the clearing. "I read his mind. Mine and Carlisle's reactions at the field set him off. We just made this the most exciting game ever. He's never going to stop."

"What should we do?" Bella asked.

"We have to kill him. Rip him apart and burn the pieces." Edward said.

"Where are we going?" Bella asked.

"Away from Forks." Edward said.

"We have to go home." Bella said. "You have to take us home."

"You can't go home." Edward said. "He'll trace your scents there. Those are the first places he'll look."

"But both our Dad's are there. They're going to get killed because of us." Bella said.

"Just let me get you guys out of Forks." Edward said.

"They're our Dad's. We have to go back." Bella said. "We'll figure out a way, but we have to do something."

"Fine." Edward said. "Brianna, I'll drop you off first. You'll have 30 minutes before we pick you up in Bella's truck." He looked in the mirror to see her answer. Brianna nodded.

When they got to her house, she got out of the Jeep and walked inside. "Brianna?" She heard him say from the family room. Brianna didn't go into the room and headed upstairs. She closed her a little loudly. As she packed a bag, she heard her father come up the stairs and knocked. "Brianna, is something wrong?" Scott asked. "Did something happen while you were playing baseball with the Cullens?" "Come on. Open the door." Scott said. Brianna continued to pack. When she finished, she went out of her room. She walked past him as she walked downstairs. "Brianna, what's wrong?" Scott asked, stopping her. Brianna looked at her father. "What's going on?" Brianna sighed. She was going to have to lie to her father, which she had never done before. She picked up her tablet, typed something, and handed it to him.

"I've been with Emmett for a few weeks. I broke up with him tonight."

"I'm sorry, Bri." Scott said. "What does that have to do with you packing a bag?"

"I need to get out of here." Brianna typed.

"Where are you going to go?" Scott asked.

"Back to Philadelphia." Brianna typed. "I'll stay with Aunt Jodie."

"And how are going to get there?" Scott asked.

"I'll take a bus." Brianna typed. "Bella said she would drive me to the bus stop."

"You aren't going to just leave." Scott said.

"I can't stay here." Brianna said.

"Then, I'll go with you." Scott said.

"No. Stay here." Brianna typed.

Scott sighed. "I'll call Aunt Jodie." He said. "Let her know you're coming."

"No. I'll call her." Brianna typed before walking out of the house.

"Brianna!" Scott called after her. Brianna got in Bella's truck. Edward was with Bella. He started driving off. There was a thump behind them that made both Brianna and Bella jump.

"Relax. It's just Emmett." Edward said. "Alice is in the car behind us." They turned around and saw Emmett in the trunk.

They got to the Cullen house and walked into the house. They saw Laurent there. Edward tensed up. "Wait." Carlisle said. "He came to warn us about James."

"This isn't my fight and I've grown tired of his games." Laurent said. "He has unparalleled senses. Completely lethal. And the woman, Victoria. Don't underestimate her." He walked out of the house. They all walked into the garage.

"I've fought his kind before." Jasper said. "Not easy to kill, but possible."

"I don't like relishing the thought of killing another creature." Carlisle said. "Even a sadistic one like James."

"Esme. Rosalie. I need you guys to put Bella and Brianna's clothes on." Edward said, taking some clothes out of the bags and handing them to them. "Run through the woods. Lure James away."

"Why should I help Bella?" Rosalie asked. "What's she to me?"

"Rosalie, Bella is with Edward." Carlisle said. "They're part of the family now. And we will protect our family." Bella and Brianna were standing by one of the cars.

"Brianna, what's wrong?" Esme asked, seeing her crying a little bit.

"Brianna, I'm not going to let James hurt you." Carlisle said.

"It's not that." Brianna typed.

"Then, what's wrong?" Carlisle asked.

"I just lied to my Dad. I've never done that before." Brianna typed.

"I'm sorry you had to do that." Carlisle said as he hugged Brianna. "Alice and Jasper are going to drive you and Bella south." Brianna nodded.

"We have to get going." Alice said. Bella, Brianna, Alice, Jasper got in the car. Jasper started the car and drove out of the garage.