Chapter 19

A week went by. Scott had been released from the hospital and Brianna had been spending all her time taking care of him. It was Brianna's birthday today. Brianna woke and got out of bed. She went into her bathroom and started the shower.She undressed as it got warm. Once the water was warm enough, Brianna stepped into the shower. She let the warm water wake her up. After she finished, Brianna stepped out of the shower. She wrapped a towel around and started to blow dry her hair. She used her straightener to straighten it and then walked back into her room. She went over to her closet and looked for an outfit. She decided on a pink plaid three quarter inch sleeved shirt with capri pants and pink converses.

After she finished getting ready, Brianna went into the hall

After she finished getting ready, Brianna went into the hall. She went to her father's room to see if he was up and to help downstairs. To her surprise, his room was empty. She walked downstairs and found him in the family room.

"Good morning, sweetheart." Scott greeted her.

"Why didn't you get me to help you down the stairs?" Brianna asked on her tablet.

"You were still asleep and I didn't want to wake you." Scott said. "Happy birthday, baby girl."

"Thanks Dad. I'll make us some breakfast." Brianna typed.

"I already did." Scott said.

"Dad!" Brianna typed. "Carlisle said to take it easy and not move around too much."

"Honey, you shouldn't have to help me with anything on your birthday." Scott said. "Go eat."

Brianna went into the kitchen and saw that her dad had made chocolate chip pancakes and bacon. She made herself a plate, poured some coffee into a mug, and went back into the family room. She joined her father on the couch. "How are this morning?" Scott asked.

"Good." Brianna answered on the tablet. "What about you? How are you feeling?"

"Good." Scott replied. "Any plans for today?"

"No." Brianna typed.

"Brianna, it's your birthday." Scott said. "I don't want you to sit in the house and do nothing."

"But, I won't be doing nothing." Brianna typed. "I'll be helping you."

"And you're not allowed to help me today." Scott said.

"Dad." Brianna typed.

"I'm the one that's supposed to take care of you." Scott said. "Not the other way around."

"But, you need my help with stuff." Brianna typed.

"I'll be fine for one day." Scott said. He picked up a gift and handed it to her. "Here." He said.

Brianna unwrapped the gift. It was a picture of her and her mom together in a really nice frame. She had seen the picture before, but it hadn't been framed. "Thank you, Dad." Brianna typed. "I love it." She went over to her father and carefully hugged him.