Chapter 17

One late morning, during the summer, Brianna was hanging out at the Cullens house. Bella was there, spending time with Edward. Carlisle was at work, so Brianna was hanging out with Alice and Rosalie. They were in the living room, watching a movie, when Bella walked in.

"Brianna." She said. Brianna looked at Bella. She noticed that she had a weird expression on her face. "Um. Your Dad's in the hospital." Bella said. Brianna's eyes widened in shock.

"How do you know?" Rosalie asked.

"My Dad called me." Bella said. "Your Dad was in a car accident. He's at the hospital right now."

"Can someone please take me to the hospital?" Brianna typed.

"We can." Alice said as her and Rosalie stood up from the couch.

"I'll go with you guys." Bella said. They all walked out of the house and got in Rosalie's car. It was pouring outside. They headed towards the hospital. When they got there, Brianna rushed into the hospital. "Can you tell us what room Scott Peters is in?" Bella asked the receptionist.

"Room 3." The receptionist asked. "But the doctor's still in there." Brianna ignored the last part and rushed into the room that her father was in. She saw him laying on the bed, unconscious.

"Brianna." Carlisle said.

Brianna had a horrified look on her face. She went over to her father's side. He looked similar to what her mother looked like when she was in the hospital. She had tears running down her face.

"Brianna, I need you to wait outside." Carlisle said. "I promise I'll be out in a minute." Brianna didn't move. "Girls." Carlisle said, looking at Alice, Rosalie, and Bella.

"Come on." Rosalie said, taking Brianna's arm. "Let's go wait out in the hall."

Brianna let them bring her out of the room. They sat in a couple chairs. After a little bit, Brianna got up and headed towards the entrance.

"Brianna, where are you going?" Bella asked. Brianna ignored her and walked outside. She sat on a bench and started to cry.

A few minutes later, Carlisle walked out of the room. He saw Alice, Bella, and Rosalie, but didn't see Brianna anywhere. "Where's Brianna?" He asked them.

"Outside." Alice said.

Carlisle headed outside and saw Brianna sitting on a bench, crying. "Bri." He said. He crouched in front of her. "Brianna, it's ok." Carlisle assured her. "Your father is alright."

Carlisle noticed that she was shaking. She was also hyperventilating and her heart was beating fast. He knew she was having a panic attack and needed to calm her down. "Brianna, listen to me. I need you to calm down." Carlisle said in a soothing tone. "Breathe. Take deep breaths."

After a minute, he heard her breathing and heart beat get back to normal. "Are you ok?" Carlisle asked. Brianna shook her head. She typed something on her tablet and handed it to Carlisle.

"I already lost my Mom like this, I can't lose my Dad the same way. I can't go through that again." Carlisle took her hands in his and started rubbing the back of her hands.

"Look at me." Carlisle said. Brianna looked at Carlisle.