Chapter 18

The next morning, Brianna woke up in Carlisle's arms. "Good morning, angel." Carlisle said. Brianna smiled up at him. They got out of her bed. "I'll make you some breakfast." Carlisle said before walking out of the room.

Brianna started to get dressed. She changed into a short sleeved shirt, jeans, and flats. She got a text when she finished getting dressed. She picked up her phone saw that Bella texted.

"Hey. I just wanted to see if you wanted company today."

"Sure. If you don't mind hanging out at the hospital. I was going to spend the day with my dad." Brianna replied. She put her hair up, grabbed her tablet, and headed downstairs. She went over to the coffee pot and made herself some coffee.

"What are you making?" Brianna asked on her tablet and showed Carlisle.

"Pancakes with scrambled eggs." Carlisle replied.

"Sounds good." Brianna typed.

Carlisle finished making breakfast as Brianna finished making coffee. They set them on the table and sat down. "How are you this morning?" Carlisle asked.

"Okay, considering the circumstances." Brianna typed as she ate.

"Are you ok after last night?" Carlisle asked.

Brianna nodded. "Thank you for coming last night." She typed. "And for staying."

"Of course." Carlisle said.

"Do you work today?" Brianna asked.

"Yes, but I can take the day off, if you want me to be with you today." Carlisle said.

"I couldn't ask you to do that." Brianna typed.

"It's not a big deal." Carlisle said. "Do you want me to stay with you today?"

"No. You can work." Brianna typed. "I'm going to be with my Dad today."

"Are you sure?" Carlisle asked. Brianna nodded. "Ok." Carlisle said. Brianna finished eating and started to clean up. "Let me help you with that." Carlisle said as he helped her. Brianna stopped him.

"You cooked breakfast for me. Let me clean up." She typed. Carlisle nodded.

"Ready to go?" He asked. Brianna nodded. "We need to stop by the house first, so I can change." Carlisle said.

"Ok." Brianna typed. They walked outside and got in Carlisle's car. They drove to the Cullens house.

"Do you want to come in?" Carlisle asked. "I know the girls want to see you."

"Yeah. I'll come in." Brianna typed before following Carlisle inside. As soon as she walked into the house, Brianna was embraced in a bone-crushing hug. It took her a minute to realize Alice was the one that was hugging her.

"Alice, you're going to crush her death." Jasper said.

"Oops." Alice said as she pulled away. "Sorry Brianna." Brianna just gave her a small smile.

"I'm going to go change." Carlisle said to Brianna. "I'll be right down." Brianna nodded.

Esme went over to Brianna and hugged her. "How are you doing, dear?" She asked.

"I'm doing ok. Thank you for asking." Brianna typed.

"Are you going to go see your Dad today?" Rosalie asked.

"Yeah." Brianna typed.

"Do you mind if we join you?" Alice asked. "For support."

"Sure. I don't mind." Brianna typed.

"Ready Brianna?" Carlisle asked, coming down the stairs.

"We'll follow behind you guys." Rosalie said.

They walked outside. Carlisle and Brianna got in his car and Rosalie and Alice got in Rosalie's car. They drove to the hospital.

When they arrived there, they all got out of the cars and walked inside. Edward and Bella were there, too. "Hey Bri." Bella greeted. She walked over to Brianna and hugged her.

Brianna hugged her back. She typed something on her tablet. "Thanks for coming."

"Of course." Bella said.

"I'll come by your father's room a little bit later." Carlisle said, kissing Brianna. Brianna nodded. Carlisle went to his office and the rest of them walked into Scott's room.

"Hey sweetheart." Scott said.

Brianna gently hugged her father. "Hey Dad." She typed. "I hope it's ok that some of my friends came."

"Yeah, it's fine." Scott said. "How are you this morning?"

"I'm good. How are you doing?" Brianna typed.

"Ok." Scott said. Brianna nodded and sat in a chair next to her father's bed.

That afternoon, Brianna was still in her father's hospital room. Carlisle was there too. He had come by the room to see how Scott was and stayed during his lunch break. "I guess we won't be able to do my birthday dinner this year." Brianna typed and showed it to her father.

"I'll still take you out." Scott said. "We'll just have to wait a few weeks."

"I don't even know where we could go for dinner. There's not very much around here." Brianna typed.

"I'm sure there are some nice restaurants in Port Angeles." Scott said.

"What are you guys talking about?" Edward asked.

"Every year, I take Brianna out to dinner for her birthday." Scott explained.

"There are definitely some nice restaurants in Port Angeles." Carlisle said.

"You could always go to the restaurant that we went to with Edward when we dress shopping with Jessica and Angela." Bella suggested. Brianna nodded.

"When is your birthday?" Rosalie asked.

"Next week." Brianna typed.

"We should have a party." Alice said.

"I'm not really in the mood for a party." Brianna typed.

"Oh come on. It'll be fun." Alice said. Brianna just smiled and nodded.

The rest of the day, Brianna continued to stay with her father. She ate dinner with him and then, Carlisle took her home.