Chapter 15

While Brianna was unconscious, she ended of having a dream of her mother. The dream was from when she was six. It was only a few months before the accident. Brianna and her mother were going to the park. It was just her and her mother as her father was at work. Since her father was the head of police in Philadelphia, he got paid really well. Brianna's mother was able to stay home and take care of Brianna.

It was a nice warm spring day in May. Brianna and her mother were walking down the street, to the playground, that was just around the corner from their house. Brianna had her favorite teddy bear with her. When they made it to the park, Brianna ran over to the playground. Her mother took a seat on the bench and watched Brianna play. "Mommy, come play with me." Brianna said, who was on the swings. Her mother went over to Brianna and started pushing her on the swing. They spent the rest of the afternoon at the playground.

When Brianna woke up, she saw that she was in a hospital. Her father was sitting on the edge of the bed. "Hey baby." Scott said, smiling at her. His expression changed. "Are you ok?" He asked. Brianna nodded. "What's wrong?" Scott asked. Brianna saw her tablet on a table and picked it up.

"Nothing." Brianna typed and showed it to him.

"Then why are you crying?" Scott asked. Brianna guessed that she had been crying while she was out.

"I had a dream of Mom while I was unconscious." Brianna typed.

"Oh Brianna." Scott said as he started stroking her hair. "What was the dream of?"

"It was the spring before the accident, when she took me to the playground." Brianna typed. She let a couple tears fall.

"It's ok, sweetheart." Scott said, continuing to stroke her hair. Brianna nodded.

"What happened?" Brianna asked.

"You and Bella were in a motel in Phoenix. Edward and his Dad came down to convince you and Bella to come back to Forks." Scott explained. "You guys both tripped down the stairs and went through a window." Brianna noticed Carlisle in the corner of the room. He looked like he was sleeping. Obviously, he was pretending.

"What's Carlisle doing here?" Brianna asked. Obviously, she knew why he was in the room, but she played dumb for her father.

"He wanted to stay and make sure you were ok until I got here." Scott said. Brianna nodded. "Brianna, why did you lie to me?" Scott asked. Brianna looked down, not typing anything. Scott sighed. "I'm going to get a nurse." He said. Brianna nodded.

Once her father was out of the room, Carlisle was next to her bed. "Are you ok?" He asked.

'Yeah. I'm ok." Brianna typed. "What happened with Bella?"

"James bit her, too, but Edward sucked the venom out like I did with you." Carlisle said.

"Thank you." Brianna typed.

"For what?" Carlisle asked.

"For saving me." Brianna typed.

"Brianna, I can't tell you how sorry I am that this happened to you." Carlisle said.

"It's ok. It's not your fault." Brianna said.

"This happened to you because of me." Carlisle said. "Brianna, you can't be around me anymore."

"What?" Brianna asked.

"You and Bella can't be around my family anymore." Carlisle said. "It's not safe for you guys to be around us."

"No." Brianna typed. "Please don't leave me." Her heart started beating faster.

"Ok ok." Carlisle said. "Relax. I'm sorry."

"Please don't leave me." Brianna typed.

"I promise I won't." Carlisle said.

"I love you." Brianna typed.

"I love you, too." Carlisle said as he kissed her on the forehead. "Your father's coming back." He sped back to his spot and pretended to be asleep as Scott came into the room with a nurse.