| 6 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗 | Freyja questions whether Connor or Travis have any braincells.

LUKE woke early the next morning, so that he was able to sneak out of Freyja's cabin and into his own without raising any suspicion

LUKE woke early the next morning, so that he was able to sneak out of Freyja's cabin and into his own without raising any suspicion. He pulled his armour off the rack, wincing as it clinked against Freyja's, before smiling at her still sleeping form and slinking out of the exit.

The paths were quiet, and Luke thanked the gods that there were no demigods around as he hurried up to the back porch of Cabin Eleven. He was almost inside when his luck ran out.

Layla Tribulatio sat on her porch bench, an eyebrow raised at Luke, as the younger boy tried his best not to scream in frustration. She stormed over and Luke had never been so intimidated by someone so short (Freyja not included).

"You better have a bloody good explanation as to why you just left Freyja's cabin!" Layla hissed, cuffing him round the back of the head as she spoke. Luke let out a hiss of pain, rubbing the back of the head.

"We finished guard duty late cause there was a new kid and then I slept in one of her spare beds so I didn't wake anyone up here and get pranked for the next three years of my life. Honest!"

Layla narrowed her eyes at him, trying to figure out whether or not he was lying, before snatching the sword from his hands and smiling widely. Luke stared at her, wondering if she had finally gone crazy. Listening closely, Luke managed to pick up something about a ship and how it was sailing but Luke knew that there were no ships at Camp Half-Blood.

Following the older girl into the cabin, he quickly pulled a Camp Half-Blood shirt on and took full advantage of no one else in the bathroom. When he came back out, Layla was waking everyone up for their day of activities, throwing open the curtains and turning off video game consoles that people had left on overnight.

"You're the guy from last night," Luke turned around, his eyes landing on the demigod that he'd helped rescue.

"Charlie, right?" Luke asked, before nodding. "Yeah, I'm Luke. Son of Hermes."

"Cabin Eleven, fall in!" Layla called, marching the children out to the dining pavilion, as Luke followed along by the smaller boy. Charlie was watching everything around him in awe, eyes wide with surprise.

"Why are there braziers? How are they floating?" He began, eyes wide as Luke shrugged his shoulders. He'd only been at Camp Half-Blood for a little over a month and a half, so his knowledge of things was limited.

"They float due to magic," Luke turned, smiling at Freyja. Her blue eyes were tired, but bright, as she fell in beside them, "and the braziers are for sacrificing food to the gods. I'll see you after breakfast."

"See you, Bubbles," Luke waved, watching her go and sit at her own table, before leading Charlie to the Hermes table. He sent Freyja another grin, before turning back to his table and paying attention to the campers around him and what they had to do that day.