| 32 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎 | Freyja decides to ignore her mother's warning out of spite

MOST days, Freyja would be going to sleep at dawn, having spent the entire night up and watching the moon. But not this day. No, she had to wake up at dawn due to her new younger brother dumping cold water over her head, causing her to bolt upright.

"What-?" She turned, glaring at Percy as she brushed a drachma from her hair. "If you got salt water on any of my weapons, I'm going to be pissed. What are you doing?"

Percy glanced up at his sister, from his position on the floor, before looking back at the broken fountain in confusion.

"I just...I just saw..." He trailed off, unable to form words. Freyja cocked an eyebrow, unamused with his lack of words, before picking the pieces up. Turning, she grabbed him under his arms and pulled him away, before drawing the remainder of the water from the ground and depositing it into the bath.

"Come on." Freyja turned back to him, helping him to his feet. "Best to start getting ready now. Take's your mind off it."

"Yeah, okay." Percy nodded once more, before starting to pack his rucksack with shaking hands. Freyja began to pull clothes on, clipping her leg pack on and getting her weapons ready to go. Luckily, none of her weapons had salt water on them, so she was in a decent mood by the time Percy recovered his speech once more.

"What's in the pack?" He looked at the leather pack on her leg as Freyja hummed and patted it.

"Nectar, ambrosia, drachmas and some spare knives. The normal." She shrugged, stretching out her back as Percy woke Tyson up, her new cyclops half-brother.

By nine, they were all ready and waiting by Zeus' fist. Percy and Tyson were talking with Annabeth, whilst Freyja stood with Layla and Zac, her arms folded.

"We'll keep the preparations going here." Layla muttered, as Freyja tugged her silver parka tighter around her, making sure that her circlet was straight with the reflection from her sword. "That's the easy job. What are you going to do when you see Luke?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're angry, Frey, and not hiding it well." Zac pitched in. "Don't make stupid mistakes."

"I don't make mistakes easily." Freyja muttered, before pulling her bow and quiver onto her back. "I'll deal with it."

"Just, don't kiss him." Layla grinned. "Connor and Travis bet you would."

"What did you bet?"

"Wouldn't you like to know!" Layla teased, as Freyja finally let a grin form on her face, embracing her best friend. "Stay safe."

"I will."

"I mean it." Layla tightened her grip. "I don't want to lose both you and Luke."

"Well, hopefully, I'll be able to bring him back and no one loses." Freyja pulled away before tugging Zac into a quick hug. "Keep an eye on her. Don't let her turn into a dictator."