| 59 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 | Goodbyes have always been hard for a goddess, but this hello seemed to be harder

"REMEMBER we're tracking, not interacting." Freyja nudged Luke, both of them dodging through stalls as they raced through the city around them.

"Thank you Captain Obvious, it's not like I also haven't been doing this for months." Luke rolled his eyes, before speeding up as angry Italian curses were chucked at the pair. 

They were in Rome, following the Argo II, which they could faintly see over the top of somewhere further in front of them. The sun was boiling, beating down on them, and despite both of them being used to the weather, having been travelling through the Mediterranean for a while now, this felt different. It was as if Apollo was urging them to go ever faster, though they were trying their best to.

"What did your mother say?" Luke cried, grabbing Freyja and pulling her off the main street and down a back alley.

"Dionysus was called out about an hour ago, to fight with the demigods against the giants. They won. He returned, and admitted that he was the cause of the earthquake. He doesn't know where they went though." Freyja replied, turning to double check that Luke was with her.

The man was still behind her, and he flashed her a grin, as they continued running forward.

"So, they're alive. That's good news."

"Yes, but apparently Annabeth was missing. Artemis thinks that she might have gone to complete the Mark of Athena."

"Great, so she's going against a massive spider." Luke rolled his eyes. "Annabeth will love that."

"She's going to be traumatised!"

"I know, I'm being sarcastic." The ground rumbled beneath their feet again, though it threw neither of them off balance as they huffed and dodged back through the alleyways, jumping over sleeping cats and motorbikes, dodging old ladies with their plants and trying not to make too much of a mess. "Almost there. Take a left ahead."

Freyja did as he commanded, taking a left, before catching sight of the steadily collapsing parking structure, cars spilling out of it, along with horrified onlookers, a large war vessel hovering above it.

"Holy-" Luke and her screeched to a stop, panting, before Freyja looked around and found an entrance.

"Luke, we've got to go in."

"Frey-"

"Luke." She turned to stare at him. "Someone is going to die. I feel it. In my gut."

"We can't interfere." Luke pointed out, as he grabbed onto her. "Make sure they're alright, don't interfere. Then, we can go back to following from a distance."