| 53 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 | Freyja can somewhat see that lying to someone she loves for near to 10 years might not have been her smartest move

THE door of the cabin swung open beneath her touch, and Freyja kicked it closed with a boot. She dumped the logs of wood beside the fire, before shedding her cold winter gear and kicking off her boots.

As she turned the corner, she found Luke at the dining room table, a scowl plastered across his face though Freyja chose to ignore it. He was still upset about her resurrecting him, but he didn't seem to understand that she had no choice in the matter. She had to do something.

Freyja turned away from him, feeling his eyes burning into her back.

"If you have something to say, then say it." She huffed, growing tired of the silence and the glares. "Don't sit there brooding."

"I'm not brooding." It was the first words that he'd said to her in a day or two. Freyja huffed, shaking her head and throwing another log on the fire.

"You're not? Could have fooled me." Luke bristled, shooting another dark glare at the girl's back. Not only had she lied about being dead, she'd also forgot to mention that she was a goddess, the Norse gods were real, she was actually the daughter of Artemis and Loki and practically a hired killer. Luke was not impressed.

"You didn't tell me."

"No."

"Why?"

"I was under oath."

"Convenient." Freyja's temper snapped.

"I was!" Freyja spun, glaring at Luke, who stood behind her with his arms folded across his chest. "You think I wanted any of this? I was told if I broke one of my oaths, I'd be the reason for Olympus' doom. That I'd be the death of my entire family! Do you know how terrifying that is for a twelve year old to hear?"

"You could have said something. I thought we trusted each other."

"I did! I wanted to tell you so many times, but I didn't want you to die!" Freyja flung her arms in the air. "I've done something now. Something that can't be undone, don't you understand? Don't you realise the magnitude of what's happened?"

"What? Run away?" If Freyja didn't love Luke so much, she would have strangled him.

"Luke, I'm the only daughter of Artemis and Loki, the bridge between the Norse and the Greek gods and I've run from the Parthenon." Freyja cocked an eyebrow. "I got rid of all my Greek powers, and severed the links between the two sets of gods, something Zeus didn't want. I destroyed my family in the process, and I did that for you."

"I never wanted any of that!" Luke replied, shaking his head. "You resurrected me using your Greek powers and somehow have left me much like Kronos! For fucks sake, I have a golden eye! You think I want to be reminded of my wrongs for all eternity!"