| 11 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 | Freyja finds herself being blackmailed into dealing with small children and is thus, not happy

"IT'S good to be home." Freyja muttered, not having quite realised just how much she had missed the camp in her time back on Olympus. It was a strange feeling coming back, but a good one. 

She handed Mirage another sugar cube, before closing the stall door and grabbing her rucksack that she had brought back from the city. When she had returned to Olympus, after meeting Jason, her mother had reminded her to actually get some things in the city so that it didn't look like she was lying. 

That had been Freyja's plan all along because despite her mother's thoughts, she was actually very good at lying.

"Is that a doughnut?" Freyja jumped at the sound of Luke's voice from behind her, almost dropping everything in her hands as she reached for a dagger. She hadn't heard him come in. "Alright, easy, it's just me."

Luke grabbed the dagger, rolling his eyes as he looked down at his girlfriend.

"Sometimes I think you show affection by stabbing people."

"It's the only way." Freyja copying Loki's words, as Luke shook his head.

"Sentences like that are the reason that people are concerned for your emotional and physical wellbeing." Luke picked Freyja's things up before she could grab them, causing the girl to scowl as Luke leant down to be on her level. "Hi, Bubbles. How was New York?"

Luke stole a kiss from Freyja's lips after he spoke, causing the girl to flush bright red and turn away from him with a scowl. The son of Hermes grinned, catching up with her. Even after over six months of dating, he could still make her blush with a simple kiss and he adored that.

"New York was fine." Freyja closed the door to the barn, as Luke cocked his eyebrow again and waited for anything to be added onto that statement. 

"Any stories? Anything else?"

"It was fine. I went shopping. That's it." Luke snorted at her words, wrapping an arm around her shoulder as Freyja finally gave into the form of affection, wrapping a tentative arm around Luke's waist. "How was camp?"

"It almost collapsed without our favourite daughter of Poseidon," Luke shook his head, a hint of a smirk forming on his face as he caught sight of Freyja's eyes rolling. "I'm joking, I'm joking. No we were good. We had fun, played some games, did some arts and crafts and prepared for Christmas."