| 40 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘| In which Luke receives the worst wake up call that he ever could have gotten

PERCY could not think of a time that he had seen his sister so tense. She stood beside him, her eyes darting around like a caged animal, as they stopped in front of a set of large golden doors. The echoing of a crowd behind it ratted his ear drums, but Percy tried not to let it scare him.

"You two will be very popular with our host." The snake women to the left of the boy hissed, as she pushed Freyja and Percy forward once more.

"Who's your host?" Percy asked, as Freyja continued to look around. She was trying to find an escape, though there was none. Not even any that a goddess could utilise.

"You'll see. You'll get along famously. He's your brother after all." The dracaena hissed, her fork tongued flicking out from between her teeth.

"I don't like this." Freyja muttered, as she went to reach for her sword that wasn't at her waist anymore. One of the monsters held her precious sword, and her bow and dagger. Whilst she could still try and attack, she'd be breaking her grandfather's rule and Annabeth was being held by a giant. The other girl, Rachel, was holding onto a dracaena, which would only increase the chance of one of them dying. 

A javelin prodded her in the back, shooing her out onto the arena floor, with Percy by her side. A fight between a centaur and a giant was going on in the middle of the sand pit, as Freyja turned back to look at Percy, who seemed nervous.

"If Luke's here, I'll fight him, not you." Freyja commented, looking at the skulls all around the arena in disgust. "I doubt the main military commander would be though. It makes little sense."

"Freyja..." Percy trailed off, looking at her with worry as he pointed to something above the banner. "I..."

The woman paused, fear filling her body as she turned her gaze to the banner. Letting her eyes trail up it, she found that her muscles had frozen up at the sight of her boyfriend sitting above the banner, watching the fight.

He was wearing camouflage trousers, with a white shirt and bronze breastplate over the top. Freyja faltered, shaking her head as she tried not to admire her boyfriend. The Fates truly hated her, or maybe this was a test from her family again.

"Fuck." Percy shot his sister a look, having never heard the woman swear before. Freyja drew in a deep breath, trying to take her eyes off of Luke, who still had not noticed her. How did she approach this? What was she supposed to say? Was she supposed to do something?

"Freyja, look." The woman turned to the giant sitting beside Luke. He was easily five foot taller than her boyfriend, tattooed waves ingrained onto his dark red skin and a malicious sneer plastered across his face.

The centaur came crashing down to the ground in front of the pair, weapon less, as Percy and Freyja took a step back. 

"Help." He cried, looking at the pair pleadingly. The giant that the centaur was fighting approached with a javelin, looking up at where Luke and the giant sat.