| 25 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 | Freyja is torn between her duty and her heart

ARTEMIS didn't know what to do. She was conflicted, one side of her wanting nothing more than to help her daughter, but the other side standing firm and reminding her that Freyja broke an oath. They were gods, and she should have known better.

"You daughter broke the oath for some boy!" Zeus growled, bringing Artemis back into the conversation. "She betrayed our trust for that mortal."

"Careful, he's still my son." Hermes growled, looking more angry than Artemis had seen him in a long time. "I won't have you speaking ill of him."

"She most likely just forgot her oath." Artemis shook her head. "She means no disrespect by it, Father. Freyja would not try and go against you."

"She needs to be punished!" Apollo shifted uncomfortably, shaking his head as he looked over at Artemis. Why wasn't his sister speaking up about this? This was her daughter!

"Why?" He finally spoke as his sister seemed incapable of it. "Why should she be punished? We've all broken oaths before, and I don't remember anyone else facing consequences of that so why should she?"

"Quiet. You should have told her not to break them!" Zeus spat.

"How could I when you told me not to tell her anything?" Apollo cried, wondering whether his father could see how illogical he was being. 

"She should not die." Artemis spoke once more. "Apollo is right. We have not died from breaking oaths, so why should she?"

"Father, maybe you should only pretend to kill Freyja in front of her friends. Quell the love that they carry for her and then bring her here and have her serve punishment somewhere." Athena called, trying to think quickly on her feet. Apollo's eyes went wide. It would be torture for the girl, but better than her execution.

Zeus nodded, before setting his sights on Artemis, a mad glint in his eyes.

"Bring her back." Artemis nodded, standing from her throne and walking out with Apollo hot on her tail.

"Arty." The girl ignored her brother. "Artemis!"

"What?"

"What the hell was that?" He growled. "Why aren't you standing up for Freyja?"

"She broke an oath. She needs to learn the consequences."

"Learn the...?" Apollo shook his head. "Do you even hear yourself? You sound like father. That's your daughter out there and you want to punish her?"