| 26 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗 | Freyja was given a time out, and she wasn't happy

FREYJA'S boot hit a creaky floorboard in the hallway, causing her to pause and look around. But there was no sound, so she continued slowly until she turned the corner. Layla was waiting in ambush, her dagger drawn and ready to throw at the woman, but she sighed when she saw who it was.

"Where have you been?"

"Out." Freyja shrugged, pulling her hood off and shaking the rain from her hair. "Checked the traps, see if we caught anything. Need to leave soon though, deliver the kids and then get back to Zac."

Layla watched as Freyja brushed past her to the kitchen, her eyebrows furrowed.

"You were up all of last night. You had nightmares again?"

"No." Freyja shook her head. "Just couldn't sleep. Thinking about the increase in monster attacks recently. We need to be more careful."

"Yeah, well we do have a goddess on our..."

"On probation goddess." Freyja corrected, settling in the chair. She winced, feeling the bruises and injuries from her last fight begin to ache, "and you know not to say that in front of the kids."

Layla huffed, settling down opposite the woman as she cocked an eyebrow.

"Freyja..." Layla trailed off, as the young woman waved her away. Layla rolled her eyes. "You need to rest, let them heal and recover."

"We don't exactly have time to sit down somewhere and relax." She chewed on a slice of ambrosia, feeling the pain lessen though it didn't fully go away. Freyja sighed, before rubbing her eyes.

It turns out that when you supposedly stub your grandfather's pride, he doesn't take it lightly. No matter what their family relations were, Zeus had banned her from Camp Half-Blood and set her the task of finding demigods and leading them back for ten years. Even her mother hadn't stopped it, nor got in contact with her in the six years that had passed.

Her, Layla and Zac had been unaware of any news from camp since they left. Freyja hated not knowing things.

"When are we leaving?" A voice echoed through the kitchen, as Freyja and Layla turned to face whoever had entered into the kitchenette of the home they'd commandeered. One of the demigods they were transporting, a teenage boy who'd lost his eye in an unknown accident was leaning against the door.

He didn't know their names, or real names at least, only knowing that they'd transport them to Camp Half-Blood and keep him safe. It was better that way. If no one knew she was alive then the gods couldn't punish anyone.