| 8 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 |"Dates? Emotional availability? Social interaction? I did not read the fine print."

"

FRIDAY came around far sooner than Freyja thought it would, and she was left unsure of what to do. First of all, what was a date? Second of all, what did kissing someone mean? Third of all, why did it feel like there was a herd of deer stampeding through her stomach like they'd been startled by a dog?

That was how she found herself consulting Layla, a bizarre sensation for the girl. Ever since she was little, the only people that she confided in were her parents, no one else. Having someone questioning her about her feelings and thoughts was putting Freyja on edge.

"So, where is he taking you?"

"Should I know?" Freyja snapped in response, raising an eyebrow. She was growing tired of questions.

"Yes, you should have asked," Layla reprimanded. "Rule one for first dates, Freyja Leto, ask them about the details and the time."

Freyja paused.

"Did you not ask him for the time?" Freyja shook her head again. "Freyja, you're making my life hard for no reason."

"Isn't that what being a demigod is about?" Layla hummed, before throwing open the door and looking for someone. "What are you doing?"

"Zac!" Freyja narrowed her eyes, before peering over her shoulder at the tall, son of Athena. He ran over, cocking an eyebrow. "Zac, my favourite son of Athena, can you do me a solid and locate Connor or Travis and send one of them here? Tell them I'll pay them if they refuse the first time."

"Should I ask?" Zac laughed.

"No," Freyja muttered, before hissing as Layla elbowed her ribs.

"I just need them to find information for me," Layla smiled, as Freyja stomped off to go and face plant on her bed. "Have a shower, Freyja, do something useful! It's a complex situation, Zac."

"I understand," Freyja threw her bathroom door open, muttering about how this was just going terribly already, and turning on the shower. By the time she was out, and ringing her hair free of water, Layla was shifting through her chest at the end of her bunk beds, humming and looking at the clothes.

"What are you doing?" Freyja cocked an eyebrow, pulling her usual jeans and t-shirt off of her bed.

"What are you doing? You are not wearing that on your date," Layla slapped her hand away from the clothes. "You are going to wear something nice."