| 33 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 | Freyja and Percy decide to help orchestrate a great escape

ANNABETH was hot on Freyja's heels as they skidded down a dark tunnel. The sound of someone following them was growing louder behind them, and now, even Freyja was starting to get nervous.

She wasn't liking the small space, and fighting in a corridor didn't seem all that appealing.

"Di immortals." Freyja cursed as they came to a dead end, the three boys catching up behind them. The younger children looked panicked, their eyes going wide.

Percy turned to face Tyson, his eyes wide.

"Tyson. Can you..." Tyson nodded before Percy could even finish his request, slamming his shoulder into the rock. The tunnel began to shake as dust rained down from the ceiling, coating their hair and skin in pale grey. Freyja drew her bow, pushing the younger ones towards Tyson.

She'd protect them. Keep them alive because otherwise Luke would have no family to come home to.

"Hurry!" Grover called, as the roof shook dangerously. Luckily, at the last possible second, the wall disappeared and all of them ran into the small room, Tyson closing the wall behind them. There was a wail of frustration, as Freyja lowed her bow and slung it over her shoulder.

"We trapped it." Percy grinned at the thought, before Freyja sighed and turned him around to look at the cement room that they were standing in, with bars covering the other side of it. "Or ourselves."

"What in Hades?" Annabeth asked, as Freyja shook the bars, trying to test the strength of it and work out where they even were.

"We're in a prison?" Freyja cocked her eyebrow, as Grover nodded along with what she said. "Tyson, can you break...?"

Grover cut her off, leaning his head forward as he seemed to listen in to something.

"Listen. There's someone there." The rest of them all leant forward, trying to work out what the person was saying as Freyja furrowed her eyebrows.

Now Freyja was relatively well versed in a variety of languages, but this was one she didn't know. That was what put her on edge for the first. It was then that Tyson pulled the bars apart and began to creep towards the voice, well as much as 6ft 5 cyclops could creep towards someone inconspicuously.

"Tyson!" Freyja hissed, before wandering out of the cell and after her supposed younger half-brother. Annabeth and Percy were talking about Alcatraz behind her, whilst Grover and Freyja grabbed onto Tyson's arm to stop him from continuing further into the prison.

"Can't you see it?" Grover hissed, pointing down to something across the courtyard, on the second floor balcony. Freyja couldn't remember having ever seen a monster like that before.