| 20 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 | Prophecies are slowly becoming the bane of Freyja's existence

THE prophecy had affected everything that Freyja did apart from her sleeping habits. Somehow, rather miraculously in fact, her sleep pattern had stayed relatively unaffected. Thus, when Freyja opened her eyes and found herself somewhere that she hadn't been when she went to sleep, she grew worried. She didn't think that the prophecy had affected her sleep schedule to the point where she'd wake up in different places.

But alas, here she was.

The place wasn't Olympus, that Freyja was certain of. She'd been in the temples on Olympus enough times to know what all of them looked like. Instead of the gardens of Olympus, she was on an island in the middle of no where, surrounded by warm blue seas with the sun beaming in the sky. Freyja's eyebrows furrowed.

"Hiya, trouble." Freyja paused, swinging around with a grin to see her favourite uncle. Apollo opened his arms, a warm smile on his face as Freyja launched herself into a hug. She hadn't truly seen him in a while, and she had missed him.

"Uncle." He squeezed her gently, rocking her from side to side as he pressed a kiss to her head. "Why are we here and not on Olympus?" 

Apollo sighed, motioning for Freyja to follow him through the winding corridors and back out into a large garden. 

"I haven't exactly told Arty that you and I are having this conversation, so it needs to stay on the down low." Apollo placed his sunglasses back on, hiding the tired look in his eyes. "I don't think she'd be happy that I was, nor would Loki or Zeus."

"So why are you telling me?"

"Because I know you saw the prophecy." Freyja froze, as Apollo chuckled.

"Who do you think made sure you got it, trouble? Every prophecy or mention of you is locked up on Olympus, but you had to see that so I made sure you did." Apollo shrugged. "It's going to be our little secret though."

"You knew about this?"

"Yes." Apollo stated simply. "Course I knew. What sort of god of prophecies would I be if I didn't?"

"A bad one."

"Precisely." Apollo winked. "Look, it's nothing to worry about, I promise you. Just don't forget any of the oaths you made. That means no telling Luke that you love him or revealing you're a goddess."

"I know what my oaths are." Freyja snapped, causing Apollo to sigh and wrap an arm around her shoulder. "What do I tell Luke?"