Six

If there was a shade darker than the black of the night, that was what she would call it. The Earth around them was engulfed in it all, besides what was illuminated by Daniel's truck lights. Every leaf falling and critter around them seemed to make much more noise than it should.

Leah knew she probably looked paranoid every time she jumped over her shoulder or flinched at every sound. It seemed more than she was used to, at least more than she'd ever heard in the dark. She really wanted to not care what Daniel thought of her behavior, but when it came down to it he was the only one who noticed her car.

She gazed up from the trunk of her car where she had decided to seat herself after minutes of standing in boots with heels. Once she'd cleared it of shards and pebbles of glass, she had made herself comfortable for the wait. Occassionally her attentiom would glance behind her at the smashed end of the car, but to much dismay, no matter how many times she did it just wasn't getting fixed.

Daniel was at his truck searching for a first aid kit he seemed extremely determined to find after noticing a few cuts on her wrist. And regardless of Leah swearing it was fine, he remain searching until he had it.

From where she sat, she watched the top of his head move side to side in the very narrow back seat of his truck. Just like a puppet.

Daniel Moss, tall dark and scruffy; was an all purpose repairman living in Elk village cause of his beloved job. He liked to work hard and help others and believed it should be a sin to leave a woman stranded on the side of the road. For that she was grateful. Being left alone in a cold dark place after running from snakes and a stranger wasn't her idea of fun.

She should be home packing.

Sighing, her eyes zoned around still appalled at where she was. Nothing inside of her craved to be in Elk Village. It was a place she had swore she would never go back to, a place she didn't belong. Yet her mindless drive had brought her right back.

What was she thinking anyways? After leaving the park she should have went back home, especially with such motivation to be relocating. Not a single cell within should have taken that drive in such a messy pool of emotions. Now because if it, she was sitting on the trunk of her beaten up car waiting for a tow out of the place where dear old death lurked in the cracks of the Earth-- and her childhood home.

Leah shivered and gawked up to see Daniel proudly trotting back holding a red tin box in his hand. He set it on the trunk, cleared his throat, "I don't have any peroxide in here but I do have alcohol wipes."

She watched him juggle the box open and show off a very unorganized collection of medical supplies. "That's fine, thank you."

He smiled and handed her a few packaged wipes and bandages, "So what brought you out here?"

Leah tore open a wipe and began swabbing at her scratched wrist, "N-nothing. I was just driving to drive.  I didn't plan on coming out here."

"Bad day?"

She glanced at him as he leaned his back side of her tail light, "Why do you ask?"

"I drive when I've had a heck of a day. No target, just me and my truck."

"Well you are kind of right, Daniel.  It's been a very interesting day for me. I'll Be Glad when it's over." The burn of alcohol shortened her breath as the wipe went over a cut deeper than she thought it was. Green eyes watered from the sensation and she blew attempting to soothe it. The Air kissed her skin and it felt like heaven. For just a second, she felt relief.  It was as if she were just outside to watch the stars glowing in the night,  not because of an accident. But as her chest settled and she caught sight of her wrists, reality set in.