Twelve

I'm dead.
I don't have emotions anymore. I have no emotions to express, and for once in my life the Wells that are my eyes are dry. I won't cater to any visitors in my life to feel some sick need to socialize. There is no more hurt, misery, no love and no laughter. I am at the edge of a cliff with nothing holding me back. Nothing matters and nobody can get through. I'm dead.

"Silly girl, you're not dead yet. Not even close. But if death is what you're after, I can show you. After all I am very much deceased... then again who's fault is that?"

Leah felt her mimd, body and spirit snap out of a spooky dream that had no images. Or maybe it was just a vision without- vision? Either or, She spread her eyelids wide and looked up at her mantle.

She was still in her living room, curled on her couch in what was now an uncomfortable position. Her body crackled as she elongated out of the pose even a baby in the womb wouldn't want to be in.

A whispered yawn gasped out of her mouth as she rolled her neck and sat up.

"Sleep well?"

To her favor, Daniel smiled from behind the kitchen island. He gave a wave with dusty hands.

"I don't know," she peeled from the couch and stood up finding herself having to catch her balance. She stumbled to her kitchen in a swaying walk before resting against the island top, "I feel like I've been asleep for days. I haven't have I?"

"No," Daniel shook his head, "Not quite."

"I'm sorry," she gulped.

"About what?"

Leah pouted slightly at him, "Last night. You know, Taking off, breaking down and not even saying thank you for the meal. I really am sorry. "

"Don't Worry About it," he wiped his hands on a towel and gestured to her, "Now come here I want to show you something." He sauntered around and helped her to the kitchen table, pulling a chair out for her to sit.

She sunk into it and looked at the setup on her table top, "What's all of this?"

"Well, while you were asleep I decided to do some research. I found a few things that might be of assistance to us." He pointed to the book, "For Every one of those things in there, there are these. They're called sweeping cures and depending on what you believe, they can be very strong."

"Like a dusting?"

"Kind of," he held up a clay pot, "I already made one batch here, for protection. It's got herbs, earth dust and crystal crumbs... blessed."

She rose a brow, "By whom?"

Daniel cleared his throat and put the pot down, "Fawn. I hope you don't mind but on my way out I saw her and wanted as much help as I could get." He waited, seemingly nervous for her reaction.

Why should she mind? Any thing to help didn't upset her and as it had turned out, Fawn seemed to already know of her ordeal. "No, not at all," her eyes watched strong hands tap the tabletop. What he had done for her and continued to do was more than kind. She forced her lips to curl, "Thank you."

"You're Welcome," his eyes locked with hers, "Your blood."

"H-huh?"

"I want to spill it all over."

She gulped and stood up from her chair, "Excuse me?"

He looked puzzled, "I said I'm gonna sprinkle this batch around your house. Unless you don't want me to?"