Prologue

“Karls!”

“Cara!”

The two shouted when Karlie opened the door to her apartment to see one of her closest friends there.  Cara practically jumped on her the moment Karlie opened the door, making her legs a little shaky.

“You’re finally here! You should’ve flown in earlier so we could hang out more!” Karlie said after she set Cara down.

“I really wanted to, babe, but you know how it is. Burberry really had to plan that last minute shoot.” Cara said followed by a disgruntle grunt. She’s already made her way comfortably into the apartment, clearly familiar with the surroundings.

“So, where’s Jourdan?” Karlie asked hesitantly. Her and Jourdan were best friends and eventually hooked up and that didn’t end so well. Karlie refused to have a relationship with her and Jourdan felt rather heartbroken. Karlie doesn’t do official relationships. As much as she didn’t want to hurt Jourdan, she couldn’t force herself to be with someone knowing she won’t be happy and no longer herself. But she still cared dearly for Jourdan. It’s been a year, but Jourdan still has not fully forgiven Karlie. Karlie actually regrets their fling greatly because it caused her to lose someone so special to her.

Cara sighed. She’s great friends with both of them so she didn’t want to take sides. She understands and relates to Karlie in the sense that she doesn’t prefer serious relationships either, but also being Jourdan’s friend, she hated seeing her so hurt. Some called their lack of interest in real relationships commitment issues, but her and Karlie like to view it as, “just living life to the fullest.”

“She’s at the hotel.”

Karlie nods, wanting to end the conversation there knowing it won’t get anywhere either.

“So what have you got in store for me tonight, Kloss?”

Karlie smirked, “Well, we’re definitely gonna hit up a club, but we obviously can’t stay out too late. Tomorrow’s the show. We just have to be there by 8AM since the show won’t start till 8PM.”

“Aw, that’s it?” Cara whined, “I really wanted to get extra fucked up tonight.”

“Should’ve come earlier, bum.” Karlie mocked.

“So who’s performing this year?” Cara asked.

“Oh! I wanted to tell you about that. So it’s Fall Out Boy, A Great Big World, Neon Jungle, and wait for it…Taylor Swift!” Karlie said, emphasizing Taylor’s name.

“No way! She is so cute!” Cara exclaimed.

“Hell yeah! Which is why I call dibs.”

“No fair! You can’t call dibs on a girl.”

“I can and I will. Come on, you got Rihanna last year. It’s just fair for it to be my turn. Not to mention, I’m obviously more her type.”

Cara scoffed while chuckling, “and you know that because…?”

“I can tell. Plus, let’s not forget that she wants to bake cookies with me.”

“Whatever you say, babe. But, since I did get RiRi last year, you can have her.” Cara nodded at the thoughts of Rihanna, “Such grand times,” She said while wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

“Ew, you creepy sexual maniac!” Karlie said jokingly as she threw a pillow onto Cara’s face.

“Takes one to know one,” Cara said in a singsong voice followed by laughter by the two.

A/N: So this will be a Kaylor on-going! Since this is just the prologue, I will be posting chapter one very soon. Hope you guys will like it! :)