Chapter 5

*Mature Content in this Chapter*

This is your only warning, from here on out it's only going to get more...intense ;)

I wake up to a light knocking on my door. Throwing on a silk robe over my light pink silk pajama set, I walk to the door. The scent of bacon and eggs fills my senses.

Once I open the door, I see an older lady carrying a serving tray. She has a kind smile. The kind that could bring one to your own face from just one glance. Although she looks very worn out and tired. Just by her appearance you can tell she has worked very hard all her life. Wrinkles line her mouth and forehead as she looks up to me.

"Morning Miss. I have breakfast for you. Once you are ready, Sir wants to see you downstairs. He is on the back patio." She hands me the tray and bows slightly as she heads back to the stairs.

"Okay, thank you." I try to say so she can hear as she is walking downstairs.

I take the tray and place it on the desk in my room. All the food looked delicious. There were pancakes, fresh cut fruit, and a glass of orange juice.

After devouring the tray and deciding to take a shower and get ready, I throw on black leggings and a blue crop top shirt. I make my way downstairs and realize I don't know really where I am going.

Once seeing Roger, I ask where Alex might be. He then points me in the right direction.

Opening the sliding glass door, I can see Alex sitting at a small round table with coffee in front of him.

"Sit." he says without even glancing in my direction. I slowly made my way to the chair across from him and sat down.

I am weary of how to act around him today, unsure of how is feeling at this particular moment. Considering his mood seems to change constantly. Ending up with the decision for it best to let him speak first.

"I am going to the warehouse today. You are to stay here. I have assigned Branson to be your personal guard. If you wish to do anything you must ask him first and he will phone me." Finishing, he then takes a long sip of the coffee and sets it back down on the table. Never once looking in my direction.

"I am not four years old Alex, I know how to handle myself just fine." I definitely say back to him. I then cross my arms over my chest, waiting for his reply.

"Yeah right. Just listen and do as you are told Layla." The way my name rolls off his tongue makes me want to melt.

God get ahold of yourself Layla. He may be hot, but that is all he is. He is crude and ruthless and a killer. Get a grip.

I quickly compose myself and question "Am I allowed to go to the warehouse with you?" I fain innocence as I bat my eyelashes and pray he doesn't say no.

He finally looks over to me with a stern expression "No."

I try to plead with him "Please Alex, I will be utterly bored here, I will just sit and won't bother anyone." I put my hands together in a pleading way and stick my bottom lip out, giving him the full puppy dog eye effect.

He sighs and puts down his coffee. "Fine, there is a gym there if you wish to work out, be down by the front door in 5 minutes. I will leave without you." Putting emphasis on will. Looking away from me and picking up his phone from the table once more.

I jump up and clap my hands like an excited toddler. I can't help it. It's the small things.

I run backup to my bedroom to change into something more flexible. Deciding on a matching black piece and vibrant orange sneakers for the heck of it, I throw a sweatshirt over my outfit and exit my room.