Chapter 32

This will be the last chapter of  the Mafia's Bride. I have learned a lot from writing this first book and can't wait to put everything to use in the next book on my list. At the end of this chapter I will give some more information!

Please leave messages of what you have thought about the book or anything really!!!

*************************

As I made my way back home, I sat in silence in the back of the SUV thinking about everything. This year has been the craziest year. Like something out of the movies.

I mean come on, this doesn't happen to most people. First a forced marriage, being attacked....several times, killed the Don of the Russian mafia, my mother was killed, had a miscarriage and now pregnant. I think I have had enough excitement for one year.

Next up on my order of business is to talk to Giovanni. Ever since Gio left I have barely heard a word from him. That is not like him at all. He is always a family first type of guy, so this is alarming.

He avoids my calls or on the slight chance that he picks up then he says he is 'too busy' and then he hangs up. Obviously I did something to upset him, I'm just not sure what that something is.

As the car parks in the garage, I thank the driver, and enter the house. I head straight for the kitchen to grab some food.

After eating my lunch and sitting at the counter for going on an hour and a half, I guess it's time to stop procrastinating and try to call.

Once I pull out my cell phone, a strong sense of worry takes over me. I just wish he would tell me what is wrong. What if it only gets worse after I tell him?

Taking a deep breathe I press the call button. I sit anxiously in my chair as I continuously hear the ringer.

Just as I think I am going to be straight into his voicemail, I hear my brothers deep voice on the other side.

"I'm really busy Layla." he breathes out harshly.

"I know Gio, but I really need to talk to you." I reply quickly, hoping he won't just hang up on me.

"What is it?" he questions sounding really disinterested.

I take one more deep breathe before spewing out, "I know you are really mad at me and I am really sorry. If this about everything I said at the dinner with father I honestly had no intention of letting that slip out." I could feel the tears swelling my eyes.

"I know it was personal and not my secret to tell, but everything just kind of came out at once and I really didn't mean to Gio, but you can't shut me out likes this." at this point I am full on sobbing. I am loosing my breathe and hiccuping. My throat is dry and closing due to my sad confessions and pleads towards my brother.

"Gio you are my brother and my best friend. We have never not talked to each other before. You are all alone in Italy and I can't be there for you, but I need you to at least pick up the fucking phone, when I call you. If you are angry at me, fine, but at least pick up the stupid phone to yell at me. Yelling would be so much better than silence." My voice gives out as my throats is closing from my wailing.

I really am crying from the idea of Giovanni being upset with me, but being pregnant doesn't help with the fact either. The hormones only amplify my emotions and turn me into a blubbering mess.

"Calm down sorellina." My heart starts to mend when he calls me my favorite name. "I am not mad at you for sharing what you did. That was a low time in my life, but I am doing amazing now and haven't thought like that for a long time."