Chapter 25

Everything was happening so fast. Bullets were flying all over the room, passing right by my head. My only hope was to duck, praying I wouldn't be intercepted with a bullet in my back. I was quickly trying to access the situation that was unfolding in front of me. I knew my family could take care of themselves so I wasn't as much worried about them, well the rest of my family that is.

During the whole ordeal I notice that Dimitri seemed as shocked as any as he stood frozen trying to figure out a game plan of what to do next. His plan was falling apart and you could see the panic forming in his usually lifeless eyes. Panic filled his usually wicked stare as he took in the gravity of what was happening.

Seeing as this was my opportune moment, I lunged at Dimitri and took him to the floor. During the fall, it seemed as though he gained some sense back and flipped us over so that he was on top of me on the ground.

Wasting no time, he reached behind him to retrieve his small dagger. I looked up to his face to see him smiling down at me. Quickly he brought the blade to my throat and started to apply light pressure, drawing blood as he did so.

I tried to move around to gain the upper hand back, but the more I moved, the harder Dimitri pressed the blade into my neck. I groaned as I felt the tip of the blade cutting into my flesh.

"You won't get away that easily Layla." He smirked while looking down on me with a powerful gaze.

Without hesitating I brought my head up with such force that I knocked into Dimitri's forehead, similar to how I did with Alex a while ago. 

While the movement caused the blade to cut deeper into my throat, the power was enough for him to flail backwards, loosening his grip on his blade. I took the opportunity to knee him where the sun don't shine and he toppled off of me. While groaning in pain from my blast to his nether regions.

I gained some stability despite the pounding in my head and reached for the blade, retrieving it from where it laid next to my neck.

I slowly stood up from the ground and shifted my gaze towards the vile man who was struggling to get up in front of me. Dimitri locked his gaze towards me as well.

Rage was the only thing that I could see in his eyes in this moment. I could tell Dimitri was shocked that I was able to maneuver my way out of that situation, gaining the blade during the fight. But he wasn't the only one with rage coursing through him.

My skin felt on fire to the touch. My senses were blurring around me as my focus was kept on the man who rightfully earned it. My body shook as I looked at the man who took away the woman who gave me everything, who made me into who I am today.

"It's over Dimitri." I say while looking around the room noticing only a few of his men were left, but there would soon be none as Caleb and the rest of the men finished them off.

The rest of my family as well as Alex's were freed from their restraints and were all staring at the showdown going on in front of them, intently wondering what I was going to do next.

Dimitri seemed to be at a lose for words as he watched the scene in front of him play out. I had managed to corner him into wall and he was left with no where to go.

"You may defeat me, but one day, you will get was in coming to you." He spit.

Without wanting to hear another contemptible man I brought my arm back and spoke "Goodbye Dimitri, I'll see you in hell.". As I finished my sentence I brought my arm forward and released the blade, landing the knife right in between his eyes.

I watched in triumph as the blood seeped out of his forehead and dripped down his face. His knees eventually gave out causing him to fall forward and onto the carpet. Blood soon pooling around him.

My body shook as I stared at his body. A weight was lifted off of my shoulders as I saw that there was any left of his evil crew. They got what they deserved, I can't say I'm sorry, I'm not.

I took a deep breath. Finally someone got to kill that evil bastard and I was lucky enough to be that person. Dimitri got what was coming to him, I only wish my family didn't have to suffer in doing so.

When I saw the blade implanted in his forehead, I know that I should have felt relief or justice. Empty, that is all I feel right now. It didn't bring my mother back. Nothing will. 

How am I supposed to just live my life now? There is no more normal anymore. My life stopped being my version of 'normal' when my parents called me into the office that day at home. That seems like a lifetime ago. I am not the same person that woke up that day. 

I am not the same fragile girl, who let people walk all over her. No longer will I let people decide my life. My choices are mine and mine alone to make.

The only thing that was left was questions. There was so much to be answered. How did Dimitri get us all here? Why did Branson turn on us? Where the hell even was Branson? None of that seemed to matter in this instant as I thought back to my family.

I looked to my left and saw my family staring wide eyed at me. Alex looked void of all emotion as he stared as Dimitri's lifeless body on the ground. Eliane and Daniel just held each other, thanking God that they both would live to see another day.

My father was still sat in his chair looking at my mother on the ground. Mia turned to my brother for comfort as she sobbed into his shoulder. Giovanni just held her and told her everything was going to be okay. 

But I saw the silent tears that left Giovanni's eyes as he tries to soothe my sister's cries. His eyes still fixed on the place, I can't bring myself to look at once more.

Caleb quickly went to Alex to discuss what was to be done next. My mind was too preoccupies as I shifted my eyes back to my mother.

She laid on the ground with eyes wide open and tear streaks down her cheeks. Blood matted in the back of her black hair. And an exit wound in her forehead had blood oozing from the center.

I made my way over to my mother as I sat down next to her. Crying would solve nothing, I can't bring her back no matter how much I wish I could. Taking her place would be something I would gladly do. She was too young to die, I wish I was lying on the floor instead. She was too good for this world and it finally caught up to her.

Bringing my hand down, I lightly rubbed her cheek as I lowered myself down and gave her a light kiss. My fingers reached up and shut her eyes slowly, memorizing the vibrant color I used to adore on her one last time. Saying goodbye to my mother was the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my entire life. She didn't deserve to die in this way, she was a wonderful person who never asked for any of this. She hated the mafia life that she was forced into.

She wanted nothing to do with it. And look at the way her life ended. Being thrown into the life she came to hate. And it's all his fault. My father will pay for this, I will make sure of it. 

****************************

Hello lovlies, 

Next chapter should be out in the next couple days?

Vote, comment, share.....you all know the deal!!!