Chapter 21

Once the two of us arrive home, I park the car in the garage and head inside towards the kitchen. My stomach is grumbling too loudly from being in the warehouse for so long. It's now dinner time and I haven't eaten since breakfast. Deciding food is a great option, I head over and open the fridge door.

After inspecting throughly, I decide that I should just make a sandwich and cut up some fruit. I want to get back to excising after having been in the hospital for so long. I need to start toning and building back my muscle.

Setting all the sandwich material on the counter, I then go and grab a knife to cut the fruit. I was unaware of Alex's presence until I saw him in the corner of my eye, leaning against a door frame staring towards me.

I decided to ignore him for now, if he wanted to talk, then he will have to start the conversation. I return to the island counter and start to cut my fruit. After a couple moments I can see Alex stalking his towards me. I pay no mind and continue to the strawberries while keeping a watchful eye on the man lurking towards me.

Pretty soon I feel Alex behind me as he places both hands on either side of my body, trapping me against the counter. He says nothing as he does this and I become nervous in his presence. With seemingly nowhere to go.

I continue to try and act unfazed by him standing behind me as I continue to chop. I feel Alex's breathe on the back of my neck and all of my hair starts to stand up in response. My skin gets goosebumps and my breathing hitches from his close proximity.

"Layla." Alex whispers against the back on my neck as he plants a kiss on the nape of my neck. I shudder under his touch, but I don't respond.

"Baby, look at me." He pleads with me as he continues to kiss my neck and shoulders.

I put the knife down, but remain facing forward. "What is it Alex?" I question him, not sure of his current intentions.

Alex then grabs my waist tightly, but not enough to hurt me as he spins me around to face towards him. I gasp in surprise, but I let him turn me. I then stare at him absentmindedly, just waiting for him to talk.

But instead, it seems like Alex has other plans. He caresses my check with his rough calloused hands. I lean into his touch involuntary. I may be mad at Alex, but one touch and I am putty in his hands. Closing my eyes I take in his close presence and breathe a welcomed sigh.

Alex is staring down at me with an expression I can't place. It's not anger, sadness, or even hunger. This new emotion seems to be foreign with Alex as well as he quickly switches back to his normal blankness.

After a short minute I grab Alex's hand and remove it from my face, placing back down at his side. This makes him exhale a heavy sigh.

"I am still mad at you." I state plainly

"Yeah, I am still mad at you to." he replies while returning his hands to lay on my hips. "But, we have the house to ourselves for a couple more hours and I plan to take full advantage of that." I chuckle at him, but before I can respond Alex roughly grabs the back of neck,  pulling me into a kiss.

This kiss was different then our normal ones. It felt as though he was kissing like he would never get too again. The passion poured from both of us as we fought to hold each other as close as we possibly could. Our mouths dominated each other for power, Alex won in the end. Our tongues danced together and moved in sync. 

The way I feel with Alex, makes it seem like we were meant for each other. Like in this entire fucked up world we both have endure, it's as though the universe sent us to each other, to make it just a little bit better.