Chapter 29

It's been three days since I have found out I was pregnant. For the sake of my sanity, I have chosen not to tell anyone. The only person who knows is Mia, since she was there for it all.

Telling everyone would only make my life more complicated and I don't need anymore of that right now. Since Daniel and Giovanni have returned home, the house has felt more quiet than ever and I don't like it.

Mia agreed not to tell anyone after I practically begged her. Is it potentially a stupid choice? Yes, but I haven't seen or spoken to Alex in several days and I don't know what to do.

Does he have the right to know? Absolutely. But if he can't even take the time out of his day to talk to me, then how the hell am I supposed to tell him about this baby growing inside of me, making me go crazy.

Morning sickness has become apart of my daily routine. Although, who even called it 'morning' sickness, is the dumbest person on the planet. It happens at anytime of the day and with absolutely no warning. Keeping food down has been a struggle, but I am managing as best as I can. However everyday since I found out, I find myself running to the bathroom several times a day.

To make things worse I haven't been able to have coffee, I am running purely on the fact that the next time I see Alex, he is for a real one. Body bags may be needed. That is my only motivation to get up everyday, to finally yell at my husband like he thoroughly deserves.

I am fuming. For the first day or two, I was pretty understanding of everything that was happening. But my time of being understanding has passed. It's been five days since the whole show down and I haven't seen Alex all but once and he refuses to talk to me.

I mean come one. Something is obviously wrong, but for some reason I am being left in the dark. Even when I try to call him, which has been lots, he won't pick up or return my messages. I have been completely alienated.

I wouldn't suggested pissing off a hormonal pregnant lady that happens to be throwing up all day. Not wise.

I decide that today is a good day to talk to Elaine. If there was anyone to talk to about Alexander, it would be her. I just hope that she can shed some light on what's wrong with him.

As I make my way around the house in search of Elaine, I finally stumble upon her in the kitchen. I take a moment to look at her in her element. She move so seamlessly through the steps as though she has done them a thousand times before.

Taking a moment to look her over, her hair is in a messy up do and a bit of flour is thrown about everywhere. Even some over her cheek. Her gaze is on the dough she is needing in her hands, but her mind seems to be in another place all together. Besides that, she looks as formal and put together as always.

Coming forward more, I clear my throat as I sit down on the island stools in front of her.

"Hello Layla, I didn't see you there." She smiles kindly towards me, then focusing her attention back to the dough.

"What are you making?" I ask with the delicious smell in the air.

"A peach pie."

I clap my hands together joyfully as my stomach rumbles in excitement. Elaine just giggles at my reactions as she continues to roll the dough.

"Elaine," I pause and see her look suspiciously at me. "I was wondering if I could talk to you."

She stops what she is doing as she cleans her hands off and returns to her spot on the counter. Putting her hands on the surface and nodding for me too start.

I take a deep breathe. "Have you talked to Alex or seen him in the last couple days?" I ask while playing with my finger nails, scared to look her in the eye.