Chapter 15

I woke after several hours of sleeping. Siting up in bed I felt my stiff neck, I grabbed it trying to massage the knots that were causing uncomfortable pain. The was I slept was not the best idea, with my head against the window. I slowly opened my eyes and adjusted myself in my seat. I looked across from me and saw my sleeping husband. 

His papers were pilled everywhere around him and his phone was still in his hand. I decided to let him sleep and go change. He is gonna work himself into the grave if he doesn't get a small break everyone in a while.

We only had around two hours left and my hair was an absolute mess. Heading back into the onboard bathroom, I decided to lightly curl my hair and put on some makeup. I looked into my bag and picked out a nice outfit for the hot weather we were about to step into.

 I looked into my bag and picked out a nice outfit for the hot weather we were about to step into

After about half an hour, I emerge from the bathroom and see Alex back at his work once more. I silently roll my eyes as I make my way back over to the seat across from him. His eyes looked tired as he strains to read some of his papers. I return to my seat across from him and fix my eyes in his direction.

"Like what you see?" he says without looking at me.

I blush a bright shade of red and ignore his comment. "You are gonna work yourself to an early grave." he chuckles at my remark, but still doesn't stop working. "Come on, please. Can't we just talk or something?"

I question him like a toddler, but I don't care since I am bored and he really does need a break. He reluctantly sets his paper and looks up to me.

I smile wide and start to converse. "So why are we going to Mexico?" I realize that I never really questioned, why hear specifically. He told my father for work and pleasure, but what is that supposed to mean.

"For our honeymoon." he answers, but that isn't the truth.

"No, I mean the real reason why we are going." I explain giving a knowing look.

He lets out a deep sigh and brings his hand up to his forehead and rubs it like he has a headache.

"Alex just tell me." He glances towards me, I return a soft smile/

"Russians." he answers simply, but I keep my blank stare on him, waiting for more. 

"We are finally going to attack. They are weak right now in Mexico without the full man power behind them, it's the perfect time." 

"Do you really think you can win?" I question, not being very hopeful. 

"We can win. With both of our families united, yes. We can outsmart him." He has a new found sense of confidence and I let myself believe in him. 

"Why are they even in Mexico?" I ask not knowing much about the mafia world. My father always says it was no place for a female. Our mafia doesn't even have any females sworn in.