Chapter 12

"And where the fuck have you been?" I can practically feel the anger radiating from the words he is spitting at me.

I let out a breathe and slowly turn in his direction. He is standing a couple feet away from me with his arms crossed and a look that could kill.

"Can we not do this now?" I question him as I just want to get ready for dinner and be done with this. 

"NO Layla!" he screams at me. I wince at his loudness, but he doesn't seem effected by this. "Now answer my question." He is fuming as he is staring at me.

"I didn't go anywhere." I go to walk past him and put my stuff down.

He grabs my arm tightly and I jolt my head in his direction. "Alex let me go."

He ignores my question. "You aren't allowed to leave with out your security, ever! Why did you just  leave." He bore into me, his stare never wavering for a second.

I tore my arm from his grip and walked to the table. I set my stuff down and turned back to him.

"Oh I don't know, maybe because one of your exes was there." I started to feel my anger slowly increasing. How does he not know that was why I left?

I know that I shouldn't leave without my guard duty. I don't know what is happening in the mafia world right now, but I know it wasn't good, but after seeing him today with that woman, I just lost it. I couldn't control my anger.

"How am I supposed to know where all of my exes are at all time?" he questioned me like I was a five year old.

"Oh right, you couldn't possibly do that, you wouldn't even remember all of them." I say and roll my eyes.

"You are acting like a child." He says and laughs to himself.

"Oh I am so glad you find this amusing. But guess what dumbass." He looks in my direction with sharpened eyes. "I basically am a child, or did you not really ask how old I was before you agreed to this whole agreement."

He opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off.

"Are you so desperate that you couldn't even find someone your own age? You had to settle for a little Italian girl who was just so helpless and needed rescuing. Were you wanting daddy's approval so bad that you just said yes to whoever he wanted first?"

"You're one to talk about that. If your daddy said jump the only thing out of your mouth would be to ask how high. You talk like I am someone who needs to approval to do anything, I run the Irish mafia, I answer to no one. And especially not you." he finishes his words and looks at me with distain. His eyes show anger and hurt.

I didn't realize, but as we spoke I was walking closer to him Alex and now I was just a few steps away.

He moves forward and I see the blankness in his eyes. He stares at me for what seems like hours. Neither one of use talking or backing down.

I sigh, "You don't know anything about me or my life. This marriage is built on lies, I don't know you and you don't know me. I just wanted my freedom, I am not supposed to be married." I say the last part more to myself then to Alex.

"That hurt today Alex, seeing you with someone else. I know that you were forced to marry me as well, but I at least hoped that we could try and make it work. I at least thought after last night..." His eyes soften as I speak to him. His hands come to rests on my hips as I am speaking to him. "I can see now that that isn't an option. If trying to work through this isn't an option, then go and find some slut that will. If you want to have a mistress or twenty, knock yourself out. But at least do me the courtesy of keeping them the hell away from me." I take a deep breathe and walk past Alex.