one

[song: teeth - 5sos]

ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴏᴠ

You awoke to the sound of your phone alarm and, groggily, you rolled onto your side to switch it off. As you grabbed your phone, the screen turned on and displayed the time '8:52am'.

You were supposed to be leaving on the coach from the designated meeting area at 9am.

"Shit!" You yelled at the top of your lungs whilst simultaneously throwing your blanket off your body. Thankfully, you'd already packed the night before and only had to worry about your presentation. Planning everything the night before had come to your advantage and you decided that you'd apply as little makeup as you could - mascara, eyeliner, foundation etc.

 Planning everything the night before had come to your advantage and you decided that you'd apply as little makeup as you could - mascara, eyeliner, foundation etc

After a 15 minute drive, you finally arrived at the coach at 9:17am and practically ran over to the coach driver with your bags in hand, "I am so sorry!"

The coach driver chuckled as he opened the under body storage compartment to place your luggage inside, "don't worry, we're still waiting on one more contestant."

You thanked him before turning to leave but he spoke up, "I also need you to hand me your phone."

"Wait, now?" you gasped. You'd been planning to just listen to music on the ride which was rumoured to last three hours and, without your phone, you'd be forced to communicate.

The man nodded and held out his hand in which you reluctantly placed your most prized possession. On the bright side, now you could officially enter the bus.

As you scanned the faces of the group already situated inside, you greeted them, "hi guys!"

"ʏ/ɴ!" a few replied. You recognised a few individuals and Taylor got up to engulf you in a hug.

"Nice of you to finally show up!" shouted a girl sat near the front of the bus. She was curled up in a seat on her own and you flashed her a smile, "better to arrive late than ugly."

She rolled her eyes and continued staring out the window but, before you could dwell on the interaction, Taylor pulled your arm towards the back and made you sit in the seat across from her, "that's Tab, I wouldn't provoke her if I were you."

Taylor and you had briefly met in the past and she immediately used your presence to complain about the phones being taken away already.

"I keep reaching into my pocket to pull it out and then I remember-" she started, reminding you of how loud she really was. You wondered why she was projecting her voice to people sat less than a few feet away from her.

"-It gives me so much anxiety not having it on my person," continued a guy who was brave enough to interrupt Taylor's rant. He was sat behind her with two other guys. One was Manny MUA who you knew due to controversy he'd been in and the other was someone you didn't recognise. He was situated across from you, quietly observing the conversation but looked like he was intently listening; that was until his eyes trailed across the group and met yours. He flashed you a smile, which you returned.

Taylor suddenly nudged you and spoke into your ear, "you know any of these people?"

You shook your head.

A smile spread onto her face and she cut off every conversation on the coach, "formal introduction time!"

She stood up and began pointing at people dotted around the coach, "that's Tab - a youtube mom, Brittany-"

"-If you refer to me as kombucha girl, my lawyers will be in contact," interrupted Brittany.

"Can't hate what started your career," giggled Taylor, "anyway, next to her is Kenny... that's Fousey and Andrea is asleep."

Taylor faced you again and began pointing to the peers you were sat with, "that's Lena, Manny, Ryan and Harrison."

"That's only 11 people?" Harrison spoke up. It was the first time you'd heard him talk and his british accent was something you hadn't expected.

Just as he finished his sentence, the doors to the coach opened and Imari walked inside.