eight

[ 𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜: 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙜 - 𝙡𝙞𝙡 𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙥 ]

ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴏᴠ

"Good morning everybody," greeted Kian once you had all made your way outside. Everyone was either in swimwear or a loose shirt - you were wearing the bikini you'd worn in the bath last night. Him and Jc stood on the opposite of the pool to the contestants.

Kian glanced at all of you individually, "how'd everybody sleep?"

You shrugged; you surprisingly hadn't had any problems with Taylor and had managed to get to sleep pretty quickly. The occasional kick in the night awoke you, but it could've been worse.

"Cool," responded Kian, "well today, we have another challenge for you - bright and early. This one is called the 'wet welay wace'."

"Wet welay wace," Jc repeated, "we have boy vs girl, but everyone's competing individually. You're gonna start over there." He pointed towards the end of the pool on your left, "You're gonna grab a bat and spin around it three times to get your brain a little rattled, you're then gonna grab a fishing pole - there's a hook at the end of that..."

You pursed your lips, knowing that Taylor had grown up fishing and it was one of the only things she ever talked about. She was going to smash this challenge.

"...hook the lure thats in the glass bottle onto the pillar," continued Jc, "then put the fishing hook down and run to the red line. We'll give you a spoon with an egg and you have to put the spoon in your mouth."

"Once you put it in your mouth, go from that red line all the way to those cups over there," Kian informed as he pointed to the other end of the pool where a fireplace was situated, "if you drop it on the way, you have to start over and get a new egg. Once you've landed the egg, all you have to do is jump into the pool; person with the fastest time wins!"

Jc clasped his hands together, "if you are the girl or boy with the worst times, you're immediately going into elimination tonight. If you are the boy or girl with the highest time, you're immune from voting and the elimination."

-

Lena and Ryan were randomly selected to attempt the challenge first. Ryan's immediate reaction was disappointment that he was first, but he quickly masked it with a cheer, "let's go!"

"You got this," you egged, which was aimed at both of them. Lena gave you a worried look before joining Kian and Jc's side. They handed both Ryan and Lena a baseball bat each before the timer began and they span around.

Lena finished fairly quickly but Ryan finished at least a couple of minutes after. He sighed as he fist bumped Harry, who tried to reassure him, "you did good, mate. Don't stress."

You nodded as you pulled him into a quick hug, "you did that like a champ. Proud of you!"

Kenny and Tab were called up next which was followed by lots of frustrated swearing. Kenny seemed to take more time than Ryan, but Tab finished maybe five minutes after Kenny.

You thought Andrea and Manny finished with the fastest times yet and the fourth duo to attempt this challenge was Taylor and Harry. Your most and least favourite...

Harry span around so fast that he fell backwards and almost smacked Kian with the bat. Somehow, he hooked the fish onto the pole almost immediately and left Taylor behind, who was there for a while after. What happened to her being good at fishing?

Harry was shocked and Ryan fist bumped him, "dude, that was amazing!"

"Sheer class, mate," you complimented in your best british accent.

He smiled, "must've been a fluke-"

The sound of Kenny mentioning Harrison's name in a rant caught you all off guard, "Harrison's shit was flipped! I seen it!"

"What's he on about now?" you whispered.

Harry shrugged, "thinks he saw my hook upside down... but it wasn't."

Ryan giggled, "what a sore loser."

-

You and Imari were the last to go in the challenge and you were slightly anxious. You'd seen that the most experienced fishers had done awfully and those who'd never even seen a fish in real life had the best times, so it was really down to luck - not skill.

You didn't try to spin too fast around the baseball bat as you knew it would make you dizzy, and you placed the bat against the pillar before picking up the fishing rod.

You plucked the hook from it and, somehow, hooked the fish almost immediately after it entered the glass bottle.

"I ain't ever even been fishing!" You exclaimed as you lifted the fish over to the pillar. That somehow went smoothly too.

Ryan, Harry, Lena and Manny were the voices that stuck out the most as you surfaced in the pool. Imari jumped in whilst you were still swimming and you congratulated each other before climbing out.

Harry handed you a towel, "you just about mastered that."

"Yeah, you two definitely got the best times," Ryan chimed in, "god forbid they put you in a team together - you'll wipe us all out!"

"But they'd look good doing it," said Manny as he joined the conversation, "you killed it."