3# A Sweet Lullaby

And here is the next part. Happy Reading.

--------------------------------

Swara stood outside Maheshwari Mansion, holding Tara in one hand next to the pile of luggage, still trying to make sense of her decision. She's gonna live here, at least for a while. And how exactly did that happen?

After meeting in the coffee shop, she met Mr.Maheshwari few times and both agreed on one aspect. They weren't going anywhere with progress and hangouts in the coffee shop are serving no purpose. She didn't have an office or is equipped financially at this point to rent one. No way, she could invite him to her house drawing unnecessary conclusions from neighbouring aunties. She was in no mood to feed gossip mongers.

Sanskaar dismissed the idea of having sessions in his office. Her frequent visits will definitely draw attention. He is not willing to risk it at all. That's when he came up with the idea.

"I think, my house would be the best place." He said watching her expression. Swara stirred uncomfortably. The idea didn't feel best. And Maheshwari Mansion is miles away from her place, hanging out in hours of traffic would only make it hectic, add his gruelling schedule. Complexities. And she didn't mind sharing her apprehensions.

He gave it a thought for a minute. "You can live in my place, Miss Bose. Be assured, you will have nothing to worry about. You can comfortably stay in the guest room. There are a cook and a housekeeper to tend to the needs. We can have our sessions freely. And if you are concerned about the safety .. I assure..."

"No! Mr.Maheswari." Swara replied instantly as if offended by his statement, " Please don't say that. I trust you." She added softly. Their meetings might not have been much fruitful on the professional level but she has learnt a good deal about him on a personal level. His nature at college, office and loss of his family which he didn't speak much. She understood. The pain is still there, his eyes couldn't hide it. And above all, she trusted her instincts. Mr Maheswari was a transparent person with no malice.

He looked as if startled by her statement. Then mouthed a 'thank you' in a low tone. She asked for a little time to think through it and he willingly obliged. "Please feel free to reach out to me anytime. I will definitely call back if I missed."

The more she thought about it ..the idea felt better. But what prompted her decision was a call from the bank manager about her mortgaged house. And she made her choice. She could buy a roof for at least a few months. Good work on Mr.Maheshwari would fetch her more contracts and of course, the paycheque would serve her a great deal. She could rent a small office space and clear the mortgage.

Swara wasn't one to exploit the good nature of Mr Maheswari. She offered to cut down a bit of her pay which he opposed saying it would make no difference

"It would for me, Mr.Maheshwari. In Fact a lot." She stated straight. He understood with no further questions . Then came the revelation, and she wasn't exactly sure of his reaction.

"I have a one-year-old kid. A baby girl" And she waited, expecting him to shoot some questions, give her curious questioning glances and get into details. Much to her surprise, she got none, rather a candid confession.

"I am not good with kids either. I ..I find them a bit fussy. So..." And she promised to keep him out of trouble. It's on her.

And here she is...

-----------------------------

His fingers paused at the beep on his bluetooth. A click and he listened to another side. "Give me a minute."He kept it short and turned off the call. All it took was a few super quick taps for him to finish the mail. And he stepped out of his room.