Izzy's Last Day in the Hospital

Jake's POV
I woke up next to Izzy in her hospital bed, and she was sleeping against me as her head was nearer my chest. I had my hand wrapped around her waist, tight. It was her last day today in the hospital. I got up from her hospital bed and I sat down in the chair next to her. Everyone else was still asleep. I stroked Izzy's hair while she was still sleeping. Cubby started to wake up.

"Morning Cubby." I exclaimed as he walked over.

"Morning Jake. So how did it go with sleeping with Izzy last night?" Cubby asked me.

"It was good. I had my hand wrapped around her waist, so she couldn't get out of her hospital bed." I exclaimed.

"Well that's good. At least she's recovering." Cubby exclaimed. Then we heard the door open. It was the doctor.

"Hello Jake and Cubby." He greeted us.

"Hey doc!" We exclaimed.

"So I just want to let you know that Izzy is going to get discharged today and she will be able to go home." The doctor exclaimed as I was so happy for Izzy.

"That's the best news ever! Thank you doc!" I exclaimed.

"It's nothing, I'll give you the discharge papers for you to sign when Izzy wakes up." He exclaimed.

"Okay!" I exclaimed as he left.

Then Skully woke up.

"Skully! Izzy's getting discharged today!" I exclaimed. He was happy as well.

"Yay! I'm really happy for Izzy. Does she know as well?" Skully asked us.

"No as you can see, she is clearly asleep." I exclaimed.

"Oh right. Well she will be happy when she wakes up." Skully exclaimed.

"She will be." I exclaimed then Izzy woke up.

"Izz, I've got exciting news for you." I exclaimed, really happy.

"Really? What is it?" Izzy asked me.

"You're getting discharged today." I exclaimed, excited.

"Yay! Can I go home now??" Izzy asked us, excited.

"Well I need to sign your discharged papers then you can go home." I exclaimed.

"Cubby, can you go and get the doctor?" I asked Cubby.

"Sure Jake." Cubby exclaimed as he left the room.

"So Izz, are you looking forward to going home?" I asked her.

"Yep Jake! I can't wait to get out of here!" Izzy exclaimed as I gently hugged her.

"I'm so happy for you right now Izz!" I exclaimed as she hugged me back. Then the doctor and Cubby came back. The doctor came in with a wheelchair for Izzy. 

"Izzy, here are your clothes." The doctor exclaimed as he passed Izzy's clothes to her. We stood outside her room. Then she was in her own clothes when we came back in.

"Izzy, do you have everything you need to go home?" The doctor asked her.

"Yes Doc!" Izzy exclaimed.

"Jake, after you're done with helping Izzy into the wheelchair then you can come with me and sign her discharge papers." The doctor exclaimed.

"I will." I exclaimed as I got hold of Izzy as I was helping her into the wheelchair.

"Okay Izzy, don't worry I got hold of you. Gently now, take it easy." I exclaimed as she sat down into the wheelchair.

So I left the room with the doctor, so I can sign Izzy's discharge papers.

"Okay Jake, can you sign here and here?" He asked me as I signed on Izzy's discharge papers.

"Done." I said.

"Okay now here is Izzy's medication list that she will be taken during the first week of her recovery. So she will be taken Pain Relief in the morning and at night before she goes to sleep and antibiotics taken during lunch." The doctor exclaimed as he gave me a bag to put the medication in.

"Alright, I got every medication for Izzy." I exclaimed.

"Also, thank you so much for taking care of Izzy!" I exclaimed.

"It's nothing Jake. She was a great patient to take care of." The doctor exclaimed.

I returned to Izzy's hospital room and I grabbed hold of the bag and put it on the handle of the wheelchair that Izzy was sitting in. I started to push her to the entrance.